Job Title: Sales Operations & Expansion Supervisor
Department: Nigeria Sales & Marketing
Reporting Line: Nigeria Sales Operations Coordinator
Location: Various Locations
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
The Sales Operations Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the smooth, effective sales process to enable the growth of the organization. He or She will manage the sales operations within the locations assigned. The role holder will be responsible for providing data insights and reports on sales trends for these locations, supervising strategic sales and marketing strategies that have been developed for implementation, and the expansion and development of new markets. The role will also require you to complete all tenders in compliance with tender clarifications and negotiations in setting up the new market.
- Develop and implement activation designs at the different locations.
- Measure and evaluate the performance of the assigned locations and define strategies to boost sales productivity.
- Track sales trends and provide insights on current sales performance, and proffer solutions to improve performance.
- Training and onboarding of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities
- Supports the development of the commercial channel and customer activation plans (including investment)
- Maintains & orchestrates the trade activation/execution calendar.
- Leads the Project management of the in-field execution/activation of the commercial activity calendar.
Measurement & Evaluation
- Track and analyze KPIs for growth, win/loss rates, upsells, renewals, quota attainment and identify individual performance areas for improvement.
- Boost sales productivity by refining customer segmentation, simplifying the sales process and identifying pain points at every stage of the sales funnel.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to define lead qualification process and analyze campaign performance with reporting and dashboards.
Data Insights & Documentation
- Own the end-to-end process of tracking sales, operational metrics and delivering regular insights to the business and sales managers; define and deliver techniques to improve sales performance for sales management.
- Support Sales Manager in planning, target setting and documentation, in alignment with business objectives
- Identify potential problems and suggest prompt solutions
- Identify and understand both the employees and the business needs and drive the necessary capability interventions
Training & Onboarding of New Agents
- Assist with the onboarding and training process of new Sales Representatives, TLs
- Maintain documentation on sales processes, policies, and provide relevant sales training materials to assist with onboarding new sales talent
- Identify potential skill gaps of the field sales team, train to bridge gap, and monitor impact on performance
Joined Up Business Planning
- Supports in the development of the JUBP by Team Lead, Channel, Product Type.
- Supports the quarterly activity planning cycle effectiveness
- Ensures that the marketing activity execution/activation calendar, is optimized in line with field sales capacity and capability
- Leads the in-field execution/activation, monitoring & reporting of the relevant Sales & category/portfolio growth drivers.
- Also supports the broader sales team to execute brilliantly against them at maximum scale
Required Skills and Experience
- 3 years minimum of relevant experience
- Experience managing a CRM tool
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong Leadership and People Development Skills
- Great Analytical skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Superior Communication / Presentation Skills
- Conflict Management / Composure
- Strong Planning & Organizational Skills
- Persuasive / Sales Ability / Negotiations
- Up to 70% travel required
University degree in Business or a related field, MBA a plus.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!