Job Title: Loan Field Officer
Location: Kilifi and Kwale, Mombasa, Kenya
Application Deadline: 10th August 2021
Team: Customer Finance
Reporting To: Team Lead, Loan Recovery
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
Loan Field Officer is responsible for portfolio management. This includes among others, managing clients as per assigned portfolio and customer workout activities in the field. Major responsibility of an LFO is to ensure portfolio quality, contribute to data quality & long-term process improvement
- Managing assigned portfolio by attending work-out categories that should be applied to customers in late repayment or those unreachable such as recovery, extension of grace period, rescheduling or repossession.
- Work on escalated cases from the call center department and Conducting reminder calls to remind customers about due payments, to clarify contractual liabilities.
- Assess customer’s financial capacity by filling field visit forms which will be used on rescheduling and any other form of loan restructuring.
- Gathering benchmark data for assessment purpose and analysis of causes of portfolio deterioration
- Completing assigned tasks in line with applicable policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Daily Contractors supervisions relating to customer finance activities and tasks assigning as per company defined procedures.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Gathering benchmark data, visiting customers in local community that are in late repayment, find out why they are not repaying and advise them on repayment options.
- Informing and reporting to Loan recovery team leader about weekly routing, field visits, and difficult customer cases which need either in-depth negotiation or legal measures.
- Onboarding visits for new customers.
Knowledge and skills
- 2 years Professional experience in traditional bottom of the pyramid (BoP) lending techniques preferably in microfinance sector
- High Level of familiarity with typical income, expenditure and cashflow patterns of rural and per -urban households and micro-enterprises in assigned portfolio, including farmers, animal breeders, business owners and employees.
- Professional experience in traditional bottom of the pyramid (BoP) lending techniques preferably in microfinance sector
- Knowledge about market and business risks associated with typical EEA customers.
- At least 2 years experience in Loan recovery and collections in a financial institution.
- Experience in customer relationship management
- Team player
- Holder of a bachelors business degree or related field.
- Holder of a driving licence – Must know how to ride a motor bike.
- Computer literacy, particularly good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!