Job Title: Sales Team Lead
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reporting Line: State Sales Manager
Location: Various Locations
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025. www.engie-energyaccess.com
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities
The Sales Team Lead will be stationed in the preferred location and be responsible for leading and managing a team of sales agents, installation technicians, dual contractors and their customers – responsible for the full customer cycle I.e., sale, fulfil, maintain and recover. The successful candidate must be a detail-oriented professional with strong critical thinking skills and a demonstrated track record of effective sales work.
1. Develop and implement the sales operational strategies within allocated area, as well as align with the area sales target.
2. Organizing sales activities and functions in the field to achieve targets, revenue and desired quality sales.
3. Managing installation technicians and maintenance technicians
4. Training and coaching of sales agents on topics including pitching, sales conversation, closing and building strong and long-lasting relationships with customers.
Deliverables and Activities
On time high-quality system installations at the customers premises or any other location as directed by Engie Energy Access.
• Coordinate installation technicians and maintenance technicians to ensure systems are installed and maintained,
• Support recruitment of new installation and maintenance technicians in the sales area.
• Prepare the monthly installation monitoring report for the zonal service coordinator.
• Review control monthly commission payments and payroll follow up on faulty installations and inform finance department about deductions.
• Repossessions are aligned and coordinated with the customer finance department.
• Identify the needs for and recruit new contractors with support from service network team leader.
• Responsible for disciplinary for installations and maintenance technicians.
• Stock takings
• Stock audit report
• Providing regular portfolio & compliance reports to zonal sales manager and credit control team
• Managing the daily work and activities of area administrator according prioritization policy on
• Deal with complex scenarios (customer not found, fire, violence etc.)
• Assessing internal and external cause for portfolio deteriorations
• Participating in the recruitment of new staff and training of existing staff
• Monitor and review KPIs + provide feedback area administrator
• Conduct periodic performance review of area administrator.• Mentoring each SAs, installation technician, maintenance technician, dual contractor and area
admin to enhance operational performance, motivation and engagement.
• Educating Sales agents, dual contractors, area administrator, installation technicians,
maintenance technicians and in applicable policies, guidelines provided by zonal sales manager
and credit departmental standards.
• Support conducting quarterly inventory audits for all service centres
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with internal/external customers to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
- Good communication skills with ability to state messages clearly, using language that is comprehensible to others.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others.
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- BSc. Degree or Equivalent
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!