Job Title: Technical Project Manager
Department: Product and R&D
Reporting to: Head of Product and R&D
Location: Berlin, Germany (flexible for other EEA markets)
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for managing and driving the process and project management activities required to underpin a range of consumer product developments. This will be achieved by working with the Head of Product and R&D and with senior engineering staff to define and manage the development processes, provide project management activities to individual teams, and improving the overall operating efficiency of the Product and R&D team.
A critical part of the role will be to own the Product Development Process that is being rolled out across the group, track compliance and adherence to the process – and take corrective actions to address issues. This will include resource management, facilitating technical reviews and tracking progress against targets. In addition, this role will be to look managing the databases and documentation that are used across the group.
EEA is looking for a self-motivated individual who has a demonstrated track record of delivering technical projects on time and budget, but also has a background in engineering to be able to work closely with the delivery teams. A focus on detail, whilst maintaining the big picture.
- Responsible for the progress and performance of a range of development projects
- Ownership of all project management activities across the group
- Own, drive and maintain the overall Product Development Process, as well as all the underlying processes that will be needed
- Ensure that well-worked processes for quality-of-work assurance and for documentation are in place as needed
- Liaise with the team leads to formalize areas such as resource management, project planning, progress tracking
- Create/maintain a first-class database of tools/databases/structures required to streamline development processes
- Escalate relevant problems in the team towards the Head of Product and R&D
Knowledge and skills
Mandatory Experience :
- Minimum 6 - 8 years of electrical/electronic product development (within R&D environment)
- Background in technical project management, spend management and resource allocation
- Familiar with supply chain and manufacturing organisations for NPI
- Experienced operating within teams of engineers and product managers – able to instill confidence and drive teams without direct management
- Ability to inspire and motivate people
- Strong communication skills, good collaborative mindset
- A very methodical and proactive approach to problem solving and risk management
- Sharepoint experience
Additional Experience :
- Recognised project management qualification is a plus (but demonstrable experience is more desirable than certification)
- Previous roles working with international teams
- BS or greater in Electrical Engineering, Hardware Engineering, or similar discipline
- German is a plus
- Experience in technology required for the role
- Sharepoint design experience
Join us to be part of an incredible company that is making a meaningful difference across Africa. Our team has the autonomy to be creative, work entrepreneurially, and solve big, juicy problems.
We appreciate our team with an array of strong benefits. Along with being part of a life-changing mission and a community of fantastic teammates, here’s what you can expect:
- Attractive salary
- We ensure that you are well-protected with life / disability insurances provided as standard to all employees
- 28 days' paid time off
- Flexibility to work in a state-of-the-art office, along with home office solutions
- Fun team building offsite events at scenic countryside locations
- Office kicker table for lunchtime games, free drinks and fruit, and opportunity to take part in regular team events
We thank all applicants for their interest, however due to the large volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!