Job Title: Strategic Project & Program Manager
Location: Maputo, Mozambique
Application Deadline: 30 July 2021
Team: Mozambique Team
Reporting To: Managing Director
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.14 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1 million customers and more than 5 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Strategic Project & Program Manager will be in charge of coordinating, prioritizing and running projects spanning all departments within EEA Mozambique. Examples of projects include coordination for new product introduction, coordination for new digital tools roll-out, and roll out of smart phone loan program to commissioned based sales agents.
This position will report to the Managing Director, but will carry out projects in collaboration with all departments. This position will work closely with the Management Team also with the broader Leadership team to both identify and prioritize projects.
- Prioritize and organize projects in collaboration with Managing Director and the Management Team. Adapt a lean methodology in launching and iterating on strategic initiatives
- Allocate projects to and manage a team of data fluent business strategy analysts and project managers. Be fully accountable for the projects that you and your team are asked to complete
- Manage and upskill your small team to ensure that they are consistently learning and taking on increasingly more responsibility within the business
- Summarize project insights to support the Management Team in making strategic decisions. Communicate implications and drive recommendations
- Identify and communicate areas for continual improvement within the company. Recommend and initiate projects to make these improvements a reality
- Identify cost reduction strategies, ensuring implementation won’t be at the expense of other company goals, in particular customer experience
- Run and continually improve the strategic project management process, decision making process, and monthly business performance review
- Develop and implement monitoring and tracking tools, track KPIs and budgets
At A2E, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help A2E realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- 7+ years of experience in project management, preferably for a wide variety of departments
- Proven experience managing and upskilling a small team
- Proven experience as a collaborative, hands on team player
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Data fluency, if you are unable to do the data analysis yourself, you are able to analyze the analysis of others, critique the analysis, and ask meaningful questions
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to balance multiple strategic projects and priorities at one time
- Ability to work in Mozambique without sponsorship
- Advanced MS Office user
- Experience in Excel, Tableau, SQL, or other data analysis and visualization tools
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!