Job Title: Operations Product Manager
Department: Upstream Supply Chain
Reporting Line: Operation Program Manager
Location: Shenzhen, China
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is one of the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa, with a mission to deliver affordable, reliable and sustainable energy solutions and life-changing services with exceptional customer experience. The company is a result of the integration of Fenix International, ENGIE Mobisol and ENGIE PowerCorner; and develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGo solar home systems are financed through affordable installments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in 9 countries across Africa (Benin, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.2 million customers and more than 6 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to remain the leading clean energy company, serving millions of customers across Africa by 2025.
The Operations Product Manager is positioned at the interface between EEA’s product & engineering teams and other cross functional teams and the manufacturers that supply our core hardware products. In this role, the individual is responsible for managing new product introductions (to manufacturing) to deliver products in the fastest time with the highest product quality to the market and ongoing product operations for existing products.
The candidate is required to have strong communications skills, command good executive presence, be able to facilitate difficult issues and drive cross functional teams for closure. This individual should be very driven, proactive, hands-on, detail oriented and yet able to handle ambiguity.
- Manage all aspects of the operations portion of new product introduction (NPI) projects including product and tooling cost management, CM communications, manufacturing readiness, manufacturing scheduling, and overall manufacturing quality in order to bring new products into production on time and within budget.
- Work with cross-functional EEA NPI team to drive ramp readiness with engineering, operations and contract manufacturers
- Oversee capacity planning, manufacturing process scalability and overall bring up plan of multiple factory sites that includes factory space, labor hiring, training and production line qualification
- Serve as the operations team product owner, responsible for effective management of product and production risks and dependencies while ensuring the quality of EEA products.
- Manage and drive build readiness, including BOM, equipment, production line, resources, daily progress, and oversight of production yields to hit on time delivery and quality targets.
- Responsible for product BOM and manufacturing costs. Regularly review BOM costs and drive cost saving initiatives.
- Manage operations related communications through the organization, escalate key issues and present solutions and risk mitigations to cross functional executive teams.
- Drive Engineering, Operations and Contract Manufacturers on design for manufacturing to enable continued volume growth at the best product quality.
- Manage the engineering change process internally and externally, and to ensure the approved changes be executed at supplier sites perfectly.
- For manager roles only:
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team. Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to make quick decisions with 80% information
- Impeccable organization skills with the ability to multi-task
- BA/BS degree in an engineering field, plus 6-8 years work experience or MA/MS/MBA degree, plus 2-5 years working experience
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!