Primary responsibility will be ownership of the entire sales cycle from opportunity identification to sales close with a core focus on C&I clients interested in deploying energy storage projects on a stand-alone basis, or integrated with distributed generation (DG) and other distributed energy resources (DERs) on the customer side of the meter. The position has complete ownership of sales revenue, margin targets and other sales performance metrics. Balances the need to close business and deliver the quarterly revenue forecast, while nurturing new client relationships, and building strategic relationships with channel partners, the local utility and other influencers in a dynamic market.
- Qualify and close sales from an extensive sales funnel with continuous quarterly improvement across all sales performance metrics.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Manager as well as colleagues in business development, finance, and marketing to refine and help architect the sales process, sales cycle and go-to-market strategy in the Eastern Region.
- Create trusted and high integrity relationships with current clients, prospects, partners and key influencers across the defined territory. Anticipated focus on MA territory with support for secondary markets as appropriate.
- Work closely with application engineering and other colleagues to create and then present compelling proposals to clients and close business rapidly and effectively in the Eastern Region.
- Manage the transition of contracted projects from sales to operations ensuring the highest levels of customer experience and satisfaction.
- Contribute to the overall sales and marketing strategy based on experience in target markets and client engagements in the Eastern Region.
- Position Demand Energy Networks as the trusted and strategic partner of choice based on superior technology, business case modeling and services.
- Manage Demand Energy’s impeccable relationship with the utilities, regulators (CPUC), and AHJ’s in region, engaging with representatives across many functions and grade levels, covering executive management, business strategy, distribution engineering, policy, storage incentives policy, rate design, etc.
- Demonstrate or quickly develop a thorough understanding of how distributed energy storage can qualitatively and quantitatively benefit both the customers and utilities as both a stand-alone solution and in conjunction with distributed generation/renewables.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the broader energy ecosystem, utility rate structures and various influencers and stakeholders in the core market of MA (experience in addt’l states a plus)
- Proven business development instincts
- Strong commercial acumen, with outstanding business judgement and proven ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to organize, prioritize and effectively multi-task daily and meet deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills
- Assertive, confident and clear communicator both orally and written
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Skilled at cultivating and building new relationships
- Maturity to interface with executive level clients on a daily basis
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- BA/BS degree, Engineering discipline preferred
- 4-6 years minimum work experience in C&I energy storage (preferred), renewable energy, energy efficiency or energy/sustainability solutions sales.