EnerNOC has an immediate need for a manager of our talented and energetic Customer Support team. This position will sit alongside other leaders of the Onboarding and Support team within Operations, and involves directly managing employees in both the Boston and remote offices.
EnerNOC is an Enel Group Company, whose mission is devoted to changing the way the world uses energy. Our Support team helps our customers get the most out of their energy use through EnerNOC’s products, services, and market knowledge. In this role, you champion the Support team’s mission to deliver easy, enjoyable, and effective customer experiences to our growing commercial and industrial customers.
To succeed in this position, you are able to connect with a diverse set of personalities and styles and appreciate the strengths of each approach – both on the Support team, and across our matrix organization. You have a high emotional IQ and understand how to exert influence and advocate for the customer experience, because you understand that all teams support our customers. We are looking for someone to add integrity and quality to the core foundation of a strong customer-centric culture with your fellow leaders.
About the Job:
- Provide leadership, support, development, and opportunities for a super-star team of 5 (and seasonal interns)
- Ensure that resourcing needs are met for proper supporting coverage of operations
- Ensure the team meets response and resolution service levels for our customers
- Work with internal teams for escalation and resolution of customer issues, and foster a collaborative working environment
- Provide input to the support, operations, and product strategy of the company as a whole, with a focus on the customer experience and needs
- Work with senior leaders to develop, modify, and/or implement policies and procedures that affect the immediate Support organization, which may also impact other groups
- Act as an escalation point for customer issues and resolve problems
- Demonstrated strengths in leadership or previous management experience in similar fields (operations, support, energy, technology)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and changing market, with the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Able to manage high-stress situations calmly and effectively; you know how to leverage your team to support issues in real-time
- Data-oriented brain, but you still rely on qualitative observations in order to come to balanced decisions
- Able to convey anything to anyone; you have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Always asking “who else needs to know” and keeping stakeholders informed and engaged
Above and Beyond:
- Prior experience in customer service or support
- Familiarity with the clean tech sector, software as a service organizations, or technology organizations
- Experience working with systems, including CRMs such as Salesforce.com, or ticket managing software