EnerNOC has an immediate need for a Demand Response Operations Intern working in the Global Demand Response Operations department. The goal of Global DR Operations is to efficiently deliver on our global demand response and demand management program commitments.
The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to become well versed in demand response markets, EnerNOC's propriety software systems, and operational protocols. The Operations Intern will support the Demand Response Operations team in implementing new demand response programs, improving internal market operations processes, educating and engaging customers, and building tools that automate and streamline demand response processes.
We will provide you with the opportunity to learn about the intricacies of DR market operations, take on serious projects with real business impacts, flex your analytical & process improvement muscles, work with the best team in the industry, and develop lifelong professional connections.
This full time (40 hours/week) co-op will run from January through July.
About the Job:
Support ENOC customer success in demand response & demand management programs
- Support maintenance and improvement of systems/platforms, workflows, and tools, including identification & resolution of issues impacting program execution
- Improve & support various tools that aid in predicting dispatch probability & performance
- Draft and execute operational communications to customers
- Educate & communicate results to C&I customers before, during, and after demand response dispatches
Analyze demand response & demand management risks & results
- Run demand response program health reports to identify and communicate operational risk; manage exception-handling processes for product configurations
- Support post-dispatch performance analysis
Process improvement and tool development
- Drive operational efficiency by creating new tools & optimizing existing processes
- Leverage systems understanding to drive improvements to customer, hardware, and software performance
- Inquisitive self-starter and team player with the ability to work in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Fast learner with a strong drive to figure things out, who thrives solving complex problems, especially where the path forward isn’t prescribed
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to manipulate vast data sets
- Ability to independently manage projects with colleagues in operations, engineering, and product
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office programs
- Competency with SForce Connect or similar technology
Above & Beyond:
- Experience in energy management, power generation, and related technologies
- Experience in a customer-facing or field operations role