User Experience at EnerNOC is a team sport. UX designers collaborate with Product leaders, customers, prospects, and UX team members to define and execute against a comprehensive UX plan that creates competitive advantage. This requires translating strategy, business requirements, leading customer research, distilling key findings and deriving usability best practices. You’ll be a driving force behind high-quality, customer-centric and customer-validated designs that support and reinforce the product vision, brand and business objectives.
As a member of a small team of UX Designers, you’ll help drive the design and success of our first-of-it’s-kind SaaS platform. You’re a problem solver who collaborates well and is comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get the job done. You’re a self-starter, an excellent communicator and passionate for great design – with a portfolio of prior work you’re proud to show. You are focused on behaviors and outcomes while thinking about comprehensive design systems, rather than relying on flashy effects. You enjoy mentoring and helping your teammates grow professionally.
- Accountable for overall UX design and execution in alignment with, and in support of, overall Product vision and priorities.
- Collaborate with users, other UX designers, product managers, software developers, and leadership to design exceptional user experiences.
- Create wireframes, prototypes and visual designs to support the rapid iteration of our core product.
- Lead user testing sessions, gather feedback, and share key learnings with Product team
- Provide Product & Development teams with customer-validated shovel-ready designs.
- Maintain and evolve our Product Style Guide, IA approach, user research methodology, UX design and documentation.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or related disciplines
- 5+ years experience in UX/UI design, interaction design, information architecture (IA) or other related disciplines with at least 1 year at a SaaS company
- Experience with Agile/SCRUM/Lean-UX
- Advanced understanding of UX ideation and design techniques
- Proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop and Illustrator, Sketch, Proto.io and Invision
- Exceptional communication skills
- Team player, solutions-oriented, and a consensus builder
- Experience with data visualization is a plus