Work on leading edge software applications utilizing latest technologies in the clean energy storage space. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining production software applications. You will work closely with other software engineers as well as system and application engineers to implement and maintain systems across the different tiers of our system.
- Programs and troubleshoots code for applications to efficiently solve challenging engineering problems.
- Work with and adhere to Agile development philosophies
- Test Driven Iterative Design
- Unit and Functional testing
- Must be able to give direction and mentor to less senior engineers.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and ensure consistent implementation of technology throughout the system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Excellent problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Ability to lead more junior engineers
- Electrical Engineering knowledge a plus
- Networking and Cloud infrastructure knowledge a plus
- B.S. degree in Computer Science.
- 7+ years of related experience.
- Experience with Java 8
- REST services
- Threading and concurrency
- Understand generics
- Understand serialization techniques like JSON
- Understand different hardware integration protocols
- Modbus, CanBus, DNP3
- Experience with Spring Boot and Micro Services a plus
- Comfortable in the following environments.
- Linux OS and Mac OSX
- Eclipse and/or IntelliJ SDK
- JUnit, Fitnesse, Cucumber
- Docker / Virtualization
- GIT source control
- Knowledge of the following a plus (Maven; Cloud computing (AWS); Electrical Engineering