EnerNOC, an Enel Group a leading provider Energy Management and efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Sr. Sales Operations and Proposals Specialist within EnerNOC’s Energy Procurement business unit. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to sales operations, largely supporting the Advisory Services team. In addition, understanding and supporting sales goals, vetting, pursuing and project managing strategic proposals and deals, building and refining processes to ensure wins of high value deals and surfacing insights to the sales and marketing organization to drive further productivity.
- Support sales growth, with a focus on larger, strategic deals through Request for Proposal (RFP) support. This includes project management of the overall response, coordination with internal stakeholders to ensure all requirements are met, and organization and writing of new content when necessary.
- Develop tools, processes and supporting documents to strengthen the existing process and produce high-quality, winning proposals and RFPs.
- Convey in proposal a deep understanding of products and pricing for primary products and services, as well as capabilities of internal teams. An ability to wear a sales engineer hat as well as a project manager hat is very important.
- Proactively engage in opportunities where RFPs may be coming, and become knowledgeable of customer best practices. This includes evaluating individual wins/losses and using data to holistically analyze improvements/opportunities.
- Participate in other key Sales Operations support work including triaging of sales support requests, providing specialized contracting or operational support to the Advisory team, and supporting project-based work as the need arises.
- Previous experience with the RFP process for commercial and industrial customers.
- Very strong organizational and project management skills
- Very strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Word and Excel skills, particularly with formatting and a detail-oriented eye.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with invested colleagues from across functions and big deals on the line. A tough but positive attitude.
- Desire to be customer facing.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed enough to identify and develop a path to achieving success.
- High level of engagement and enthusiasm for the energy industry.