For the regulatory affairs expert with effective influencing abilities, or those with market experience and regulatory affairs aspirations, this is an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of exciting policy development within the energy industry in some of the most prominent electric markets. This role will be instrumental in EnerNOC’s continued success in the marketplace. You will truly put your stamp on a well-regarded company that is making great strides throughout the world in the energy industry. In this highly visible role, you will influence RTO/ISO and state regulatory processes toward policies favorable
to clean energy solutions. EnerNOC has an entrepreneurial spirit and if you are a well-rounded individual who enjoys jumping in and doing whatever needs to be done, then this "create, think and problem solve role" just may be for you!
- Coverage of PJM wholesale markets on behalf of Demand Response and Distributed Energy Resource businesses interests of EnerNOC including coverage of and advocacy in wholesale market matters via the PJM stakeholder process, FERC and other related and appropriate venues
- Coverage of State Regulatory matters impacting ENOC demand response and procurement businesses at the retail level and at the wholesale level
- Advocacy for State programs aligned with our business model as well as lobbying for State support of our wholesale energy market interests
- Employee will be responsible for internal coordination of regulatory matters with relevant business units, including ensuring awareness of important matters, developing and advocating positions on behalf of our business interests, and providing other needed support for regulatory matters impacting our book of business
- Leverage ability to write, edit, research, review filings and briefings will be necessary as you will deliver effective messages to key legislative and regulatory staff.
- Leverage both written and verbal presentation skills to represent EnerNOC and its positions on market matters in both informal venues and formal docketed proceedings.
- Actively work inside RTO/ISO stakeholder processes and other appropriate regulatory and legislative and regulatory arenas to advocate for rule development for the EnerNOC markets and its commercial end-users
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel
- Market and or regulatory experience preferred
- Location – local to PJM facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, Advanced degree preferred