EnerNOC’s Account Management role is responsible for maximizing the customer lifetime across a diverse portfolio of North America’s largest energy users, and ultimately protecting millions in margin for the company. The Account Manager is not only tasked with ensuring customer satisfaction and retention, but also serves as an internal voice for the customer while working cross-functionally within the company to solve tough challenges. The Account Manager role should be able to speak intelligently to industry terminology and market dynamics so we can continue to establish ourselves as the customer’s trusted energy advisor. Successful interactions between the Account Management team and its customers increases engagement and often lead to expansion opportunities within EnerNOC’s suite of energy intelligence solutions. This role is fast-paced, collaborative, and dynamic, and ideal candidates should be ready to take on any challenge presented by the ever-changing energy marketplace. The diligent and hardworking efforts of the Account Management team are largely responsible for establishing EnerNOC as the largest and most successful Demand Response provider in the world, and we are looking for a candidate that is actively supportive of the company vision to change the way the world uses energy.
- Manage the renewal process for assigned portfolio of accounts. Facilitate contract changes as required during the contract term.
- Leverage predictive renewal analytics to identify high risk customers and implement “success plays” to ensure high retention rates.
- Engage existing EnerNOC customers by phone & video conference and occasionally on-site.
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve customer escalations.
- Effectively solve ad-hoc customer issues as needed.
- Partner with EnerNOC Sales personnel to expand customer relationships.
- Stay current & educate customers on EnerNOC products, competitive landscape, energy market trends & regulatory changes.
- Adopt & contribute to Account Management best practices.
Core Skills & Talents:
- Passion for serving customers and solving problems.
- Ability to establish credibility with key customer decision makers & influencers.
- Strong communicator with exceptional listening skills.
- Capability to recognize & maximize new business opportunities.
- Comfort with negotiation.
- Well organized; manage multiple accounts & assignments simultaneously.
- A drive to exceed goals that is internal, constant & self-imposed.
- A need to assume responsibility for work.
- An impatience to move others to action.
- S. or B.A. in business management, finance, communications, economics, energy/environmental sciences, or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience.
- 2+ years in customer facing role required (ex: Account Management and/or Sales).
- Proven results in current role.
- Prior energy industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce and Excel preferred.
- High retention rate across portfolio of accounts while preserving deal margin.
- Minimize customer cancellation rates before the end of their contract term.
- High Net Promoter Scores (NPS) from our top tier accounts.
- Continued follow on purchases from existing customers across EnerNOC offerings.
- On-going contributions to the enhancement of the team’s customer retention capabilities.