At Energy Web (EW) we believe that public, open digital infrastructure is as integral as physical infrastructure for the secure, reliable operation of a highly decarbonized and distributed energy system.
If you passionate about achieving a decarbonized, democratized, decentralized energy future and want to play a critical role in building an open-source technology to make it possible, then apply today.
We are seeking a Senior Architect to join our team and help build and scale EW-DOS applications in enterprise settings. This is a very hands-on role, on any given day you might find yourself working with grid operators to integrate legacy identity and access management systems with Switchboard, working with EW delivery partners to scale Utility Layer services across multiple geographies and cloud environments, or making strategic decisions about the EW-DOS technical roadmap.
What will you do?
You’ll work with Energy Web Product, Delivery, and Operations teams to design, implement, and scale EW-DOS infrastructure and services in support of EW Member projects and applications.
For more information on the technology we use, please check out our GitHub page below:
What are your responsibilities?
- Provide overall technical leadership for the design and delivery of public EW-DOS infrastructure and related EW member projects, including:
- Translating functional and technical requirements for EW member projects into comprehensive, robust systems architecture diagrams.
- Tailoring EW-DOS infrastructure and components to meet enterprise security and systems integration needs.
- Collaborating with EW project and delivery partners to develop strategies for implementing EW-DOS across multiple organizational and systems boundaries.
- Working with Product and project delivery teams to create development-ready documentation and tasks.
- Make recommendations and strategic decisions regarding the EW-DOS roadmap, particularly the utilization of emerging cloud native technologies, the adoption of other Web3.0 technologies, and integrations with legacy IT/OT systems throughout the energy sector.
You are a strong candidate if:
- You have over a decade of professional experience as a full-stack developer or solution architect focused on software development and delivery.
- You have been the technical lead for the successful implementation of cloud based solutions (Saas, PaaS, Iaas) in an enterprise setting, ideally within the energy sector.
- You have deep knowledge of:
- Cloud native technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker/Kubernetes);
- Hybrid and native mobile deployments;
- Back-end development frameworks (NodeJS, Socket.io, ExpressJS)
- Database and data warehouse architectures (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Data exchange and APIs (JSON, RESTful, Web socket, Tomcat)
- IoT architectures and management services (Balena, AWS IoT, Azure IoT, etc.)
- Messaging protocols like MQTT, TCP/IP, ModBus
- You are excited about open-source software projects and participate in their communities.
- You have a keen interest and direct experience with blockchain and other Web3.0 technologies, especially Ethereum, Solidity, smart contracts and/or Polkadot/Substrate.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly and concisely communicate complicated technical concepts to diverse audiences.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit! We need people who are curious, creative, collaborative, and who enjoy building things from the ground up
- You’re motivated to make an impact on EWF’s nonprofit mission.
- English skills are required, but additional language skills are a bonus!
Location, travel, and timeline: Energy Web is a globally distributed organization with regional hubs in Berlin (Germany), Amsterdam (Netherlands) and Colorado (USA). The preferred location for the Senior Architect is within the European Union or within the European timezone.
Reporting: This position will work across multiple EW teams and report to the CTO.
For more information, visit energyweb.org.
Energy Web is a global organization dedicated to building a greener, more-inclusive, and democratized energy system. As an organization, the breadth and depth of our experience across multiple sectors and countries makes us unique. As individuals, we similarly strive for diversity in our roles and we all benefit from having a deep understanding of the broader context in which our work takes place. Accordingly, diversity of thought, experience, ideas, and culture is crucial to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply, particularly women and people of color. To attract and retain the talent we need, we foster a strong culture of mutual respect, collaboration, and open communication. All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Energy Web does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.