Director of Experience Design
Your Mission as Director of Experience Design:
The Director of Experience Design will serve as a leader and mentor to our UX design community and act as a champion of the design practice. This “hands on” position requires a balance of strategic thinking, business sensibility, aesthetic vision, and user empathy. Success demands exceptional creative vision and narrative skill, combined with fluency in modern design techniques and strategies.
Energage is a remote workplace with employees in various locations. This role is available for remote work in a variety of locations with some exclusions:
- New York City
- Outside of the US
Accountability and Impact:
In this role, you’ll…
- Managing, coaching, and developing UX designers who collaborate as members of an Agile Scrum team that consists of designers, product managers, QA, and developers
- Leading experience-related initiatives with cross-functional teams (Marketing, Product Go-To-Market, Customer Success, etc.)
- Collaborate across product development disciplines to ensure the delivery of compelling and usable digital experiences
- Leading Energage’s efforts to ensure our products provide a valuable experience to all users regardless of an individual's physical or cognitive ability
- Chair Energage’s Front End Guild, chartered with taking a “whole of business” approach to advancing customer experiences
- Communicate principles and methods in experience and visual design disciplines and have a strong command of related disciplines, including available research methodologies
- Provide guidance on the implementation of UX research techniques and testing activities to assess user behavior
- Ensure the creation, management and support of effective design operations applications and infrastructures
- Maintain a competitive edge against competitor products and industry trends
- Coaching a team on how to create great designs by participating in and leading design critiques and iteration meetings
- Developing goals, objectives, and actions plans for team and individuals
- Working effectively within a fast-paced environment
What You Bring to the Role:
- Leading a design team in a commercial software company
- Working experience within an Agile team
- B.S or M.S. in any of the following: HCI, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Visual Design, and/or related fields
- Minimum 7 years of experience in design with a minimum of 3 years of experience managing a design team in a commercial software product company.
- Demonstrates personal self-awareness and desire for continual learning and personal development
- Have an online portfolio that reflects your design experience and leadership
- Experience with Figma, InVision, Sketch, FullStory and/or related design operations technologies
- Possess the presentation skills and professionalism to project a professional image, both internally and externally
- Experience working closely with Product Management, Engineering and People Science leadership as well as business stakeholders to champion design-sensitive operations at every delivery step
Benefits of Working at Energage:
- PTO policy includes company holidays, sick time, vacation time, and floating holidays
- Flexibility, While employees appreciate the flexibility of daily remote work, they are also given the opportunity for in person interaction, whether in our office in Exton PA or in a coworking space or outing with colleagues in their local area.
- Company pays a portion of individual health care premium
- Option to participate in a company-sponsored 401(k), with company match dependent on employee contribution
- Training and education
- Tuition reimbursement program
- The opportunity to work for a Certified B-Corporation using business as a force for good (https://www.bcorporation.net/)
Energage is a purpose-driven company that helps organizations turn employee feedback into useful business intelligence and credible employer recognition through Top Workplaces. Built on 14 years of culture research and the results from 23 million employees surveyed across more than 70,000 organizations, Energage delivers the most accurate competitive benchmark available. With access to a unique combination of patented analytic tools and expert guidance, Energage customers lead the competition with an engaged workforce and an opportunity to gain recognition for their people-first approach to culture. For more information or to nominate your organization, visit energage.com or topworkplaces.com.
Energage is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.Energage encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.