The HostGator Product Design team is passionate about creating digital solutions for small business owners so they can not only survive, but thrive.
The Work You'll Do:
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders, product managers, and developers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional on-going iterations
- Mentor junior designers and take project lead as needed
- Work hand in hand with UX leadership to develop style guides and design systems
- Translate complex product requirement into easy and intuitive user flows
- Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, wireframing, and mocking up user experiences
- Design flows and user interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful
- Create storyboards, user flows, conceptual wireframes, interaction diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
- Act as the user's advocate throughout the entire development process by subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering iterative suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
- Communicate your ideas, designs, and UX best practices to successfully convince, motivate, and inspire stakeholders
- Provide and encourage feedback from your team and other designers, seeking to continuously learn and improve
- Work primarily on the HostGator brand, sitting with your product and engineering team in our Houston, TX office
- Relentless champion of the user’s cause throughout the entire design and development process.
- Possess a portfolio of work that highlights your designs and design process, including work for phone, tablet and web platforms, as well as SaaS products
- Have a command of interaction design core principles: architecture, interaction and user-centered design.
- Communicate your design process clearly and appropriately for the specific audience
- Desire to collaborate and communicate, with experience working in a multidisciplinary UX group. Experience working with remote team members is a plus
- Able to manage multiple high-priority initiatives, including early stage product strategy as well as delivery of tactical and incremental design improvements
- Ability to articulate the metrics you would use to determine if your design decisions solved the user problem
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at once.
- Ability to accept input gracefully while also taking the initiative to push back respectfully when advocating for optimal user experience
- 3+ years of experiences in the User Experience design field and a relevant educational background
- Expert proficiency with current tools for web and product design such as Sketch, Axure, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
- General understanding of HTML and CSS
- SaaS experience is a must
- Domains and Hosting design experience a plus
- We are more than a design production crew. We play a strategic role that informs and shapes product strategy along with our product management and development teams. We are part of early-stage concept development, rapid prototyping and design detailing.
- As a global multi-brand company, we provide the opportunity to work on multiple products seen by millions of users.
- We work hard to make the world a better place by helping small business owners thrive in a dynamic digital ecosystem.
- We are an agile, energetic and dynamic team of world-class designers, coders, writers, innovators and researchers that collaborate with one another and our stakeholders.
- We make sense of ambiguity and fail forward and move fast.
- We have propensity for sharing gifs and free food.
- We collaborate and celebrate one another’s wins.
- We love what we do.
Show us what you love to do. We can’t wait to meet you.