At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
The Category Manager, IT will be a solution oriented problem solver, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, intuitive, rigorous, and have the highest ethical standards. Our successful candidate will add value by working on a number of simultaneous projects with minimal supervision and exemplary follow-through.
The Procurement team acts as a consultative business partner to key stakeholders developing annual sourcing strategies to support both short and long term business objectives/goals. It consists of experienced, motivated and self sufficient professionals in the Strategic Sourcing and Contracting area. Ideally, the candidate will have solid Sourcing methodology concepts and a keen ability to influence decision making, which will allow them to provide support across the Professional Services commodities.
What you'll do:
- Develops and implements short and long term Procurement strategies that incorporate contracts, Procurement tools and supplier management techniques.
- Partners with key stakeholders at the highest levels of the organization to identify opportunities, aggregate and standardize goods and services as required to leverage Procurement power and optimize working capital.
- Leads major procurement projects, developing the strategy for sourcing, supplier selection, Total Cost of Ownership evaluation, Return on Investment, cost negotiation and contract language negotiation.
- Builds and maintains positive business relationships with suppliers and stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly articulate the Procurement team’s value proposition.
- Possesses understanding of the functional organizations under their purview, their overall business; mission, strategies, and goals.
- Understand what critical success factors as well as understanding the technology of whatever is being purchased.
- Collaborate on approach and process while providing a high level Procurement and Business Value.
- Performs overall spend analysis and Category Management Plan annually for the assigned Portfolio.
- Recommends and implements changes to achieve cost reductions and efficiencies.
- Leverages business relationships to adjust the pipeline of yearly priorities based on spend analysis and budget discussions, as well as long term strategies and vision.
- Ensure compliance with Procurement Ethics, Procurement Policies, Sarbanes-Oxley, Corporate Standards, Values, Internal Controls, laws, etc.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Engineering, Supply Chain or related field.
- 8-10 years experience in a Purchasing, Strategic Sourcing or Procurement role.
- Ability to manage a diverse matrix of stakeholders across different business units and developing strong relationships.
- Leadership skills: Ability to motivate and engage team members. Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Accountability/Results Driven: Personal willingness to be responsible for the outcome of your actions and the determination and know-how to ensure that results are achieved.
- Customer Oriented: The desire and ability to provide high quality of service to all customers in a responsive and prompt manner.
- Influencing Skills: The ability to work in close alignment with other functions internally and suppliers externally to influence others so that the desired results are achieved.
- Project Management: The ability to manage multiple projects to deliver the desired outcome.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.