At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Are you passionate about technology and staying up-to-date on industry trends? Do you consider yourself an advocate for change and eager to step outside your comfort zone? As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be a crucial member of our agile team and the entire technology organization, working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
Why Join Us:
Our teams are growing! We have an opening for a Senior Front End Software Engineer on our SMS team. You will be responsible for the design, development, and deployment of microservices on AWS and on-prem servers. You will work with key stakeholders to build highly secure, scalable applications. With plenty of leadership opportunities, you will be a key member of a critical team that builds features that are being used by all of our customers on a daily basis. Along with building new features, the team continuously strives to improve existing features and make lives easier for our customers. We hear our customers' needs. Making them smile makes us happy.
This position is remote-first in the US. You also have the option to work in a hybrid environment from one of our several offices in the US (Waltham, MA, Boston, MA, Gainesville, FL, Santa Monica, CA).
What You Will Do:
- Be an integral, embedded member of an agile team
- Be an active participant in product design and development
- Take part in code reviews and retrospectives
- Work within a Services Oriented Architecture
- Use the latest tools to support your work
- Collaborate with architects and other senior members of the team to re-architect one of Constant Contact’s core components
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance team members, and help drive a quality mind set across our cross-functional, full stack scrum teams
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
Who You Are:
- 6+ years developing and writing large scale performant front-end web Applications
- Experience writing UMD modules (AMD/RequireJS, CommonJS, or ES2015)
- Experience with React, Backbone, Marionette or equivalent framework
- Experience with CSS, HTLM and single page apps
- Comfortable with build tools such as npm, Webpack, Bower and Grunt
- Exposure to Protractor, RSpec or equivalent integration testing frameworks
- Experience with unit testing and test driven development
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience serving as technical lead throughout the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance is preferred
#LI-Remote #LI-HK1 #INDENG
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.