At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
What you’ll do:
- As a Senior Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Data Platform data pipeline team responsible for design and development
- Collaborate with Product Management, data scientists and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs, finding bottlenecks, etc
- Build scalable, robust and maintainable infrastructure for consumers to derive insights and build models efficiently
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture.
- Research emerging technologies and software
Who you are:
- Open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone.
- Enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment.
- Express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary.
- Like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious.
- A dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
- 5+ years developing large scale applications for data pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Spark, EMR, ElasticSearch, streaming technologies and similar frameworks
- Bonus points for knowledge in Apache projects: Nifi, Hudi, Presto & Flink
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Java, Groovy
- Experience in developing applications for AWS ecosystem including Kubernetes, EMR, Athena, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, S3
- Experience in working with Java and Spring (REST API services)
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Strong collaboration and influence skills
- Strong focus on team effectiveness, results, and customer success
- Self-motivated individual who proactively identifies team bottlenecks and works with the team to resolve them
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.