At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
If you are a Cloud Engineer interested in joining a dynamic and successful tech company where your work will make a significant impact on the growth and success of the business, then we want to talk to you!
We have an opening for a Principal Cloud Engineer to join our Systems team. Cloud Engineers on our Systems team are responsible for designing and continually improving the company’s Cloud Infrastructure. You and your team will deliver functionality that is critical to the rollout of many of the company’s key initiatives. In this role, you’ll work closely with talented Site Reliability Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations professionals to ensure the successful execution of high-impact projects.
To be successful in this role you will have had experience as both a Software Developer and a Linux
System Administrator. You have a strong understanding of Linux internals and networking fundamentals, as well as knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and Object Oriented programming, which are key determinants of success in our multi-disciplinary team.
This is a remote-first US position. Or, if desired, you can work in a hybrid model from one of our offices in Boston, MA, Waltham, MA, Gainesville, FL, or Santa Monica, CA. Whatever it takes for you to be successful.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and deploy cloud-native solutions
- Work with key stakeholders to clearly define detailed requirements; plan, and prioritize work as per the business needs
- Identify potential points of failure in the infrastructure/systems and develop robust mitigation strategies
- Work with the security team to drive robust standards
- Strive for zero downtime when deploying solutions/services
- Develop and own processes/procedures for scaling, capacity planning, configuration management, monitoring, etc.
- Drive automation
- Ensure high-quality monitoring coverage
Who you are:
- 8+ years of industry experience and extensive experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is critical to being successful in this role
- Hands-on experience with containerization and orchestration using Docker and Kubernetes is required
- Must have strong Git and Bash skills
- Comfortable handling typical Linux system administration duties like mounting and formatting disks, checking resource utilization, monitoring and debugging processes, creating cron jobs, creating Systemd units and timers, etc.
- Must have experience writing Python, Golang, PHP, or Typescript, ideally fluent in multiple
- Proven ability troubleshooting and debugging web applications across the entire stack (i.e. the application layer, the database layer, the network layer, the OS)
- Experience administering MySQL or no-SQL databases like MongoDB is a plus
- Experience administering Vitess is a gigantic plus
#LI-Remote #LI-HK1 #INDENG
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.