At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
What you'll do:
- Content Creation
- Create written and visual content for all forms of content supporting the overarching content strategy, including but not limited to blog posts, scripts, guides, newsletters and social channels.
- Partner with the Managing Editor of the Constant Contact blog to develop topics and areas of opportunity; includes interviewing senior and C-Suite leadership to create ongoing thought leadership and point-of-view pieces.
- Identify and develop customer success stories through research and interviews. As part of this responsibility, the Content Manager will work with internal teams to package and deliver these stories in a format that meets their needs.
- Propose and experiment with new content forms and strategies to identify new channels to help increase exposure for content, and working with internal stakeholders to actively grow existing channels — including search, social, email, and other syndication.
- Content Management
- Directly manage two Content Creators, ensuring their workload is balanced and end product is satisfactory
- Manage content request process and vetting with cross-functional internal teams
- Oversee internal and external contributors, while setting and maintaining voice/editorial requirements and standards.
- Manage the Hints and Tips newsletter, including editorial calendar, bimonthly content, and reporting.
- Along with Director of Content Marketing, manage library of educational assets including guides, eBooks, and checklists — working with internal teams to help expose these assets to relevant audiences.
- Reporting and Analytics
- Work with Director to determine appropriate goals and key performance indicators for content channels
- Interpret insights and community conversations into actionable recommendations
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly performance reports based on established KPIs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in English or marketing (or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years’ experience in content development, editing, and social media required
- Experience in managing external agencies and other contributors
- Possessing a blend of both editorial and marketer mindsets
- Familiarity with WordPress and Google Analytics desired
- Tactical understanding of SEO desired
- Experience with online marketing and email marketing preferred but not required
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.