At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
What you’ll do:
- Act as first point of contact for customer inquiries on all compliance and Terms of Services related issues such as list reviews, permission policy questions, list management practices and account cancellations via telephone
- Educate our customers on the reasons for our compliance practices, and help them create effective campaigns that still stay within the various laws and policies
- Maintain high levels of customer service while reducing the risk of system wide reputation issues
- Work with high value customers to improve their email marketing programs, reducing complaint rates and increasing engagement
- Act as an advocate for Constant Contact’s email best practices and demonstrate the benefits of being a trusted emailer with our customers
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency when responding to customer issues and use guidelines established by the Compliance and Delivery team to bring about resolution in a timely manner
- Respond promptly and thoroughly to compliance and support inquiries via telephone and email
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Constant Contact’s compliance policy and procedures and mastery of customer service skills
- Seek and recommend ideas to help cultivate the FAQ/Knowledge Base used by all customers and Constant Contact Customer Support staff
- Independently resolve technical customer support and compliance issues and escalate issues when appropriate
- May also act as a backup for general email and survey support inquiries
Who you are:
- 2+ years of relevant experience, preferably in customer support, compliance, risk management or a trust and safety enforcement
- IP/Domain investigations, Reverse DNS lookups
- Knowledge about email sending infrastructure, email deliverability and industry best practices such as DKIM/DMARC authentication
- You know your way around a computer. From surfing the web to MS Applications to troubleshooting delivery related issues for a customer’s email campaign. You can flow between applications seamlessly in order to obtain the information needed to resolve customer issues
- Superior telephone etiquette and customer service skills are required with the ability to react quickly and decisively to resolve difficult compliance and delivery issues. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to explain complex problems while empathizing with customers
- You find it easy to make connections with others and can’t imagine a job without human-to-human contact. We do not want robots, we want personable people that can hold a conversation and educate on our Best Business Practices, setting our customers up for success
- The ability to empathize with customers’ needs is absolutely vital in this roles, as well as negotiation; balancing customer needs within the aim to protect our system and business from harmful mailing lists and campaigns
- You’ll be speaking with customers, investigating customer accounts, and navigating our knowledge bases - all at the same time *Attention to accuracy is a must.
- You are detail -oriented and have exceptional researching and investigative skills with a knack for getting the answers you are looking for
- Fluent in Spanish, a plus
- Combating spam, fraud, and/or online malicious activity
- IP/Domain, Reverse DNS Lookups
- Mail delivery / ISP relations
- Web based email-marketing tools
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.