At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
As Head of Creative you’ll set the standard for the entire organization by establishing an extremely high bar for creative excellence. Partnering with Leadership, the Brand Team and third party agencies, you’ll be instrumental in defining and bringing Constant Contact’s visual & voice identity to life. You’re expected to bring a strong POV to the table while having the collaborative skills to partner with leaders across the organization to develop consistency across every touchpoint. Additionally you’ll own the development of templates & guidelines to ensure high standards of production. The Head of Creative is a strong leader and coach that has experience staffing a team combining in-house employees, freelancers, and vendor support, and most importantly knows how to motivate in a fast-paced environment.
This is a very exciting time at Constant Contact, particularly for the Creative team. We’re focused on modernizing our web design by establishing the mentality and capability to build, test, and optimize. Through web content, landing pages, and channel assets, you will lead the charge in effectively showcasing the value we provide, and be instrumental in how we help our customers easily navigate and access the resources they need to be successful. You’ll lead a highly skilled team of writers, designers, and video editors, helping them translate marketing objectives into creative ideas for multiple initiatives, brand campaigns and programs.
What you'll do:
- Shape, evolve, and amplify our brand voice and visual identity across all platforms.
- Oversee high-volume production of internal creative assets including website, landing pages, video, email, display, social, events, and photography
- Help develop the vision and execution plan to develop mobile web flows that are complementary to our desktop experience to nurture leads to conversion
- Understand the balance between process and efficient, iterative production to ensure leaders and stakeholders are satisfied with priorities & timelines
- Establish strong partnerships with other marketing leaders, and serve as a senior ambassador of our brand
- Maintain high visibility with the CMO, with the ability to partner with the entire executive team on high profile initiatives
- Be data-driven, partnering with teams across marketing to focus on driving optimization and impactful results
- Stay on top of industry and technology trends to not only influence creative positioning, but also partner with internal leaders for new feature opportunities
- Manage and mentor our growing team of copywriters, art directors, designers/web designers, and editors in a remote and hybrid workforce environment
- Lead creative kick-offs and guide the team in producing multiple conceptual directions for campaign assets
- Oversee the creative brief process to ensure the team understands the strategy behind each project, and what success looks like
- Curate a go-to bench of freelance creative/production talent.
- Establish a unique identity among our competitors, allowing Constant Contact to stand out.
Who you are:
- You’ve got experience (12 years+) managing a creative team servicing eCommerce and offline channels in a fast-paced environment
- You have an understanding of performance KPIs and how to strike a balance between on-brand design and conversion metrics
- You’re a skilled presenter who inspires stakeholders, senior management, and your team
- You can take complex problems or concepts and lay out solutions that are simple and compelling
- You never lose sight of what you’re solving for, and are able to bring the focus back to foundational objectives rather than spinning on unnecessary details
- You’ve handled high-volume creative development and have managed multiple work streams simultaneously
- You know the time and place to be stringent about process, understanding when to make shortcut acceptions
- You’re a great communicator, bring positive energy, and have the ability to critique constructively in a way that inspires creativity
- You have an opinion and know what good looks like, but have the ability to stay objective and understand where others are coming from
- You’ve got the basics. A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Advertising, Design, English or a related field
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.