At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Are you a DevOps Engineer who thinks of infrastructure and automation as code?
Do you handle large services and applications in high-traffic environments?
Do you enjoy writing tools and helping other people to be productive?
Are passionate about what you do and often explore new tools and technologies that make automation and scale a reality?
If these questions hit home, you need to check out this opening.
We have an opening for a DevOps Engineer who will work with our development infrastructure, internal tooling, and engineering productivity needs.
To be successful in this role, you must have an interest in various aspects of software development and Linux system administration within a multi-disciplinary team. This position will give you the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and come up with creative solutions across a wide range of projects. You will leverage technologies and practices you already know to expand your knowledge across an array of requests.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshoot applications in development, staging, and QA environments
- Write automation using Ansible and Terraform
- Solve problems with application build processes
- Improve application build processes, especially build times
- Help your fellow Software Engineers deploy their applications to various environments and troubleshoot along the way
- Containerize applications and deploy them to Kubernetes
- Create dashboards and alerts using Prometheus and Grafana
- Develop internal tools to solve common operational challenges
Who you are:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of professional combined work experience in DevOps, System Administration, Software Engineering, or similar roles
- Demonstrable programming abilities in one of the following languages:
- Bash scripting skills are an essential requirement of this position
- Knowledge of common Unix/Linux tools is required
- It's important to have solid Docker and Kubernetes experience, creating and running containers
- You should be comfortable troubleshooting and debugging web applications across the entire stack (i.e. the network layer, the application and database layer, the OS, etc.)
- Must have experience using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience using and administering Jenkins is required
- Experience using Ansible and Terriform is a must
- MySQL experience is a plus, especially experience with query optimization and replication
- Prometheus, Alert Manager, and/or Grafana experience is a plus as well
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact email@example.com.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.