At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Our teams are growing! We have an opening for a Senior UX Designer who will be working on an agile development team focused on helping our customers get the most value from our product possible.
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you will collaborate with product owners, developers, researchers, and support staff to understand our customers' pain points and provide solutions to overcome these issues. You will be improving designs on the current products that we offer in addition to creating experiences for new products as needed.
You will also provide thoughtful and constructive critiques on other designers' work along the way. At times, you will also be expected to mentor more junior designers.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a design-driven development team that thrives on creating enterprise-level applications that help the user become successful with the solutions we provide for them
- Collaborate with peers, stakeholders, product managers, and developers to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional ongoing iterations
- Design flows and user interfaces that are simple, effective, and delightful
- Create storyboards, user flows, conceptual wireframes, interaction diagrams, interaction specifications, and functional prototypes
- Act as the user's advocate throughout the entire development process by subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering iterative suggestions from a user-centered perspective
- Take a data-driven approach to influence your visual and interaction design decisions
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience as a UX Designer
- Have a command of interaction design core principles: architecture, interaction, and user-centered design
- Ability to accept input gracefully while also taking the initiative to push back respectfully when advocating for optimal user experience
- Possess a portfolio of work that highlights your designs and design process, including work for phone, tablet, and web platforms
- Able to empathize with users to understand their pain points and be a relentless champion of their cause throughout the entire process
- Expert proficiency with current tools for web and product design such as Sketch and Invision with 5+ years experience in the User Experience design field
- General understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS in order to effectively communicate ideas and solutions with developers
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.