At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Constant Contact is hiring a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. The Senior Accountant role will work directly with the rest of the Accounting and Finance Team and will be responsible for a broad range of accounting activities with a focus on maintaining our tax and international activity. The Senior Accountant will be expected to exhibit a solid understanding of accounting fundamentals and bring proven strategies to the table to help take the accounting team to the next level. The Senior Accountant must have a strong work ethic and attention to detail while leading numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly, and annual close activities including preparing and reviewing journal entries as well as balance sheet account reconciliations requiring a detailed knowledge of US GAAP.
- Assist in areas such as revenue recognition, payroll, cash, expense reporting, AR, and AP
- Help maintain general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Identify any weaknesses in internal controls and assist in developing potential policies/procedures improvements to strengthen these controls
- Interface with external auditors, internal stakeholders, and management. Assist with internal and external audit requests in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Who you are:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Knowledge of US GAAP and internal control frameworks
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic & attention to detail
- CPA certification
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- Big-4 experience
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.