At Constant Contact, we are seriously awesome people who take ownership and make an impact by operating with the mindset, integrity and courage of a small business owner. There’s something so profoundly rewarding about knowing that your work is empowering people everywhere to pursue their dreams. Here, we all play an integral part in helping business owners, entrepreneurs, non-profits and individuals to succeed by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online. We’re energized by new challenges and new possibilities-and we’re just getting started!
Our company is growing… rapidly… and as such, our Technical Operations team is growing too! We have an immediate position available for a Principal AWS Infrastructure Engineer who has deep knowledge of “the Cloud” and a passion for automation, and reliability at scale.
The Systems Operations team is part of the Technical Operations organization that supports our highly scalable Software as a Service platform. This individual will help drive team projects, develop code for automation, and participate in technical research and development. The ideal candidate will focus on architectural design, standardization, and continuous improvement.
This role can be fully remote or split your time between your home office and our headquarters in Waltham, MA, or our brand new office space in Boston, MA. Whatever you need to be successful.
What you'll do:
- Maintain and develop our AWS infrastructure
- Thrive within a large scale computing hybrid environments (mix of physical and cloud infrastructure)
- Help drive architectural design decisions and provide input to other teams
- Ability to train others on technical and procedural topics/conduct knowledge sharing sessions
- Design and maintain virtualized and containerized environments (Openshift, EKS, Openstack, KVM, etc.)
- Work with automated configuration management and orchestration ( Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Argo CD)
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other team members
- Ability to troubleshoot / produce quick fixes, as well as formulate long term viable solutions to problems.
- Build automation tooling and building reliable highly available solutions
Who you are:
- 8+ years of solid senior level systems administration/engineering
- Deep knowledge of building and supporting a Kubernetes / Container platform (Openshift/OKD or EKS Preferred)
- Advanced working knowledge of AWS technologies such as EKS, CloudFormation, EC2, Lambda, S3, SQS, and ElasticSearch
- Experience building Amazon Machine Images
- Ability to work with Ansible at a large scale
- Advanced working knowledge of the Linux Operating System
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Experience training others on technical and procedural topics/conduct knowledge sharing sessions
- Programming and Scripting experience (Shell Scripting, Python, GO, Ruby)
- Deep understanding of best practices for server level management and security
- Experience with CIS Benchmark Standards
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred experience working with PCI/SOX/SOC2 systems and environments
- Ability to communicate effectively, train peers, and interact professionally with other Engineering / Support teams
- Extensive knowledge of system, service, and performance monitoring systems including CloudWatch, New Relic, Splunk and Prometheus
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we're always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses and organizations, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations, and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments, seek coaching opportunities and professional development opportunities.
- A generous paid time off policy and a competitive benefits package that supports the health and well-being of you and your family
At Constant Contact, we’re all about work flexibility and are proud to serve our customers as a hybrid workforce. Our hybrid work model combines the convenience of remote work with access to our great office locations to collaborate in-person, participate in live trainings, and socialize with colleagues. To promote the safety of our employees, their families and our community, where permitted by applicable law, we require all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of work.
Constant Contact is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable law. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies:
Constant Contact has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Constant Contact will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Constant Contact, in any capacity will be considered property of Constant Contact. Constant Contact will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.