Do you have a deep understanding of Ruby and Rails at a platform level and can build complex applications at scale?
We have an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to help build our next-generation content authoring platform. Join our team of experienced Ruby craftsmen to build a scalable, robust, high-quality SaaS platform. Over half a million users will rely on your code to help grow their businesses.
Constant Contact is a trusted partner in helping small businesses, nonprofits, and individuals achieve real results and move their businesses forward. With all the tools you need to market your ideas, we make it easy to quickly and affordably build a professional brand online, attract customers, and do more business online.
We couldn't be more excited to continue the focus on building simple, yet powerful tools that help small businesses achieve their goals with our new partnership.
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of Ruby and Rails and the ability to demonstrate that knowledge. You’ll also have a high degree of software craftsmanship, and a passion for coding and problem-solving.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of software development experience using Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- A proven track record of the development of large-scale consumer or enterprise SaaS applications and delivering highly scalable web applications
- Experience mentoring and/or speaking on topics associated with the Ruby community
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Familiarity and enthusiasm to do unit, integration, and functional tests
- Experience writing crisp, clean REST APIs
- Experience using git
- Poses a strong interest in customer problems and how to solve them
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as good interpersonal and organizational skills
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not requiring any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!