Retention Science has an opening for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about writing clean, well-tested code. You are highly driven, gritty, and scrappy when you need to be. You know how to balance trade-offs to move quickly, yet still create robust, maintainable code. You enjoy maintaining a high standard and discussing code quality, design patterns, and participating in design discussions with peers. You want to work in a highly collaborative and reflective team environment and enjoy jumping in to pair (in person or remotely) with other team members as needed to ship!
Acquired by Constant Contact in 2020, Retention Science is a provider of eCommerce-focused digital marketing services powered by intelligent technology and customer support to help sell more in less time. Our data-driven platform sends the right messages to the right customers at the right time and delivers personalized, multi-channel communications that help drive big results. Learn more at retentionscience.com.
What you'll do:
You’ll be working on our Product Services engineering team - building robust back-end services to help power our AI marketing platform. You will get to work across multiple micro-services with Ruby, Python, MySql, Aurora, Redshift, DynamoDB, Node, Elasticsearch, Kinesis, Redis, serverless, many other AWS technologies, across our distributed systems. The systems you build will power Cortex, our core product; an AI-marketing platform that makes over 3 Billion machine learning predictions daily, across 600+ Million users to automate marketing campaigns for some of the biggest and well-known brands on the planet.
In addition to having meaningful responsibilities and influence on our product design and decisions, you will also receive comprehensive exposure to all aspects of our business and power AI marketing for some of the biggest e-commerce brands. The code and ideas that you contribute will have a tangible impact on the team, company, and marketing-tech industry as a whole.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails preferred (Or want to work with Ruby and some Python services)
- Experience designing and implementing large, scalable web applications / micro-services
- Experience working with large datasets / databases, scaling memory-intensive applications
- Deep understanding of MySQL / relational databases
- Can quickly prototype and reach a working proof of concept
- Experience integrating 3rd party APIs
- Experience creating robust, RESTful APIs
- Experience scaling internal engineering processes (we are a very reflective and iterative team)
- Know how to design for failure
- Comfortable collaborating with team on design decisions
- Enjoy mentoring junior team members
- Focus on shipping products
- Plus if you’ve had experience building data pipelines, data warehouses, analytics platforms
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact email@example.com
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!