Our teams are growing! We have an opening for a Principal Staff Engineer who will design architecture and set technical direction for teams developing digital marketing software.
Constant Contact helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
We couldn't be more excited to continue the focus on building simple, yet powerful tools that help small businesses achieve their goals with our new partnership.
The ideal candidate will have an outstanding technical background, be highly productive, and enjoy collaborating. You’ve worked on platforms and services that are highly available and scalable. You understand that simple systems are easier to operate and tackle. You value simplicity at scale. You can balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements. You’ve made life easier for other developers and have motivated team members to make both design and technology improvements with your ability to lead and provide vision. You understand operational quality and how to instill a culture of providing technical leadership with your organization in a collaborative, agile environment. You find anomalies, architectural problems, and technological infrastructure that didn’t trip any alarms and help to root cause problems before they become real problems. You have the ability to work at all levels of technology, from getting into the code all the way to presenting to large audiences and executives.
You will play a key role in determining the technical vision for a number of digital marketing domain spaces and communicate this to our product engineering teams.
You will also work on enterprise or business unit wide product features, determining the overall architecture to achieve the features, while working with multiple development teams to determine how they will each plug into the architecture to drive customer value.
Finally, you will work with other senior engineers and architects to help the entire team evolve their technical skillset. Being able to communicate at all levels of the organization is critical.
What you'll do:
- Explore new technologies, architect, and design end-to-end features and solutions across multiple development teams within the Constant Contact Product Delivery organization
- Support all architectural disciplines and champion architectural initiatives
- Provides leadership, technology guidance, and mentor others
- Lead technical design activities across multiple teams and ensure all technical hurdles are resolved to help teams deliver high-quality product roadmap initiatives
- Work with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy through firm data
- Work to modernize our technology stack across multiple teams, languages, and technologies
Who you are:
- 15+ years of relevant industry experience with hands-on experience building and operating highly available, high-traffic web services
- Sound knowledge of design principles, distributed architectures, data structures, and algorithms
- Expert software architecture, and data structures/algorithms, with emphasis on memory, runtime, quality, and scalability
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with the command line, git, and other development tools
- Experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Experience with modern containers and CI/CD frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, ECS, GKE, etc
- Understanding and a complete view of the DevSecOps software development lifecycle. Architecting not only the code, but the pipelines, operations, and quality strategy for software
Why you will love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we are working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees
- You will have opportunities to advance. We are fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored, and grow
- We have got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements, and excellent medical, dental, and vision - were there for you
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact email@example.com