Our team is growing! We have an opening for a Senior Engineer who will be an integral member of our Data Platform data pipeline team.
Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships. Our customers get real results through email newsletters, surveys, events, Facebook promotions, online listings, and more.
As a part of our agile team, you'll be working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer web applications that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
We are a fun, collaborative, agile work team solving interesting engineering challenges involving scale and big data. Our organization puts an emphasis on learning and career growth with a commitment to a work/life balance and sustainable development. We work with state of the art technologies, methodologies, and processes
You are open to change and eager to work with tools and technologies that may be outside your comfort zone. You enjoy working in an open and collaborative environment. You express your opinions, and have the facts to back them up, but are willing to compromise when necessary. You like to have fun while you’re working, but understand when it’s time to get serious. You are a dedicated software craftsperson who cares deeply about best practices and what it takes to write and maintain great code.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Product Management, data scientists and senior members of the development team to understand the business needs and find the best technical solution for meeting those needs, finding bottlenecks, etc
- Build scalable, robust and maintainable infrastructure for consumers to derive insights and build models efficiently
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture, and development
- Stay on top of industry trends and ensure the team appropriately utilizes the latest technologies and best practices
- Be a key contributor to the creation of a long-term, scalable architecture
- Research emerging technologies and software
Who you are:
- 5+ years developing large scale applications for data pipelines
- Expert knowledge of Spark, EMR, ElasticSearch, and similar frameworks
- Bonus points for knowledge in Apache projects: Nifi, Hudi, Presto & Flink
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Java, Go or Groovy
- Experience in developing applications for AWS ecosystem including EMR, Athena, EKS, CloudFormation, CodePipeline
- Experience in working with Java and Spring (REST API services)
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Proven ability to design future-proof, maintainable, large scale systems
- Ability to articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability, and development platforms
- Ability to lead as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Passionate about technology and staying up to date on industry trends
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement for self and team
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!