At Constant Contact, data is playing a key role in driving our business, analytical insights, and business intelligence. We’re looking for a senior BI/DW engineer to help us in the creation of our next generation Data Analytics Platform.
What you’ll do:
- Join a growing team of passionate BI/DW engineers, reinforcing our delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment
- Interact with key business stakeholders and business analysts to scope and define project plans, create stories, around key business initiatives
- Collaborate with various teams including product engineers, finance, and sales to build detailed knowledge of source data systems. Leveraging this knowledge, you will design and build data integrations that extract, load, and transform the required datasets from each source system into the enterprise data warehouse
- Leverage your database diagramming skills to capture source system schemas showing keys, relationships, and cardinality
- Implement data engineering best-practices to build extraction, loading, and transformation logic to land large datasets into the data warehouse. Utilize your commanding knowledge of SQL to transform and aggregate raw data into useful, integrated information on a near real-time basis
- Utilize state-of-the-art integration tools to develop and maintain robust dimensional data models that require highly-reliable data integration techniques such as automatic data validation, real-time error notification, and comprehensive dependency checking
- Work with stakeholders to understand business use-cases to inform developing structured vs. semi-structured, vs raw data to support a variety of analytical needs including BI and ML
- Contribute to shared documentation and knowledge repositories as you reinforce developmental best practices for data quality and deployment
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience architecting, building enterprise-scale data warehouses
- 5+ years ELT data integration experience working with platforms such as Matillion
- Experience with cloud infrastructure & data warehouses, specifically AWS & Snowflake
- Expertise in SQL query optimization, performance tuning ELT processes, etc.
- Expertise in designing and building complex workflows, and robust job schedules
- Working knowledge of relational databases such as DB2, SQLServer, MySQL, etc.
- Familiarity with change data capture, master data management, slowly changing dimensions best practices
- Experience with modern data pipelines, data streaming, and real time analytics using tools such as Apache Kafka, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, etc.
- Ability to create BI visualizations and dashboards in Tableau
- Experience w/ scripting languages, Python, Lambda, etc.
- Familiarity with ML tools and techniques is a plus
- Familiarity with the Atlassian Tool Suite (Bamboo, Bitbucket, Jira, and Confluence)
- Experience working on teams using Agile methodologies
- Strong analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until September 2021.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!