We are seeking a strong and experienced Software Engineering Manager to lead teams of dedicated software and quality engineers. You and your teams will deliver functionality that is critical to the rollout of many of Constant Contact’s biggest initiatives. You’ll work closely with your team’s Product Owner, UX Designer and Scrum Master to ensure successful planning and execution of projects.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will develop the people on your teams to help them achieve their career goals while also fostering a culture of collaboration, ownership and accountability.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex technical projects and teams
- Drive the Agile principles and ensure a high performing team
- Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company
- By applying your rare mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy
Who you are:
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record leading successful software teams
- 8+ years of industry experience with 3+ years in a managerial role
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- SaaS experience and a track record of design and implementation for scaling large systems
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until September 2021.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code - we've got your back!