At Endurance Group we’re looking for a Enterprise Software Architect (Local or Remote) to help us with our mission of empowering the world’s business owners, content publishers, and those with ideas to control their online destiny. We want to enable everyone to be able to establish their online presence.
The Architect is a technology leader setting technical direction for our teams building the next generation developer platform. Our team empowers Endurance’s engineering teams to deliver customer value faster, happier and with high quality.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong, highly productive, and enjoy collaborating. You’ve worked on platforms and services that are highly available and scalable. You understand that simple systems are easier to operate and tackle. You value simplicity at scale. You can balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements. You’ve made life easier for other developers and have motivated team members to make both design and technology improvements with your ability to lead and provide vision. You understand operational quality and how to instill a culture of providing technical leadership with your organization in a collaborative, agile environment. You find anomalies, architectural problems, and technological infrastructure that didn’t trip any alarms and help to root cause problems before they become real problems. You have the ability to work at all levels of technology - from getting into the code all the way to presenting to large audiences and executives.
The architecture team sets technology vision and direction for our web presence business unit. As a senior member of that team you will play a key role in determining that vision and helping to communicate that to our product engineering teams and architects.
You will also work closely with our product software architects and teams to help set the vision for those teams, connecting it to the larger web presence business unit’s direction.
You will also work on enterprise or business unit wide product features, determining the overall architecture to achieve the features, while working with multiple development teams to determine how they will each plug into the architecture to drive customer value.
Finally you will work with other senior engineers and architects to help the entire team evolve their technical skill set. Being able to communicate at all levels of the organization is critical.
What you'll do:
- Explore new technologies, architect and design end-to-end features and solutions across multiple development teams in the enterprise and Web Presence business unit.
- Define the direction of the overall Web Presence technology with the Architecture team
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives; Develop standards and implementation plans for the enterprise based on business requirements and strategies
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others; develops, motivates, and directs staff to create a team environment
- Lead technical design activities across multiple teams and ensure all technical hurdles are resolved to help teams deliver high quality product roadmap initiatives
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy through firm data
- Work to modernize our technology stack across multiple teams, languages and technologies
Who you are:
- Unable to consider candidates requiring immigration related sponsorship on this role
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 20 years of relevant industry experience
- Sound knowledge of design principles, distributed architectures, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Experience with SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Experience with the command line, git, and other development tools
- Experience with cloud technologies - AWS, GCP and/or Azure
- Experience with modern containers and CI/CD frameworks - Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, EKS, ECS, GKE, etc
- Experience working with multiple teams and departments on high level enterprise wide features.
- Have a complete view of the DevSecOps software development lifecycle. Architecting not only the code, but the pipelines, operations and quality strategy for software.
- Hands-on past experience building and operating highly-available, high-traffic web service
- PHP and/or WordPress plugin experience a plus
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!