Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or General Manager with the expertise of a Product Leader? Do you want to be directly involved in creating solutions that help small businesses and nonprofit organizations around the globe achieve their goals? Are you a leader who can both influence senior leadership on big ideas and manage your team to execute, execute, execute? Are you action-oriented and wake up each day thinking about how to drive both customer success and revenue growth?
We are looking for a Director of Product Management that will lead one of the largest and most established global hosting brands into the future by progressing HostGator’s suite of website solutions to meet current and future market needs. In this role, you will be a member of the senior leadership team for the HostGator brand, working directly with the General Manager, Head of Marketing and Head of Engineering to design and deliver products to expand reach in current markets and enter new markets. You will lead a team of product owners to carefully choose the most meaningful products and features to maximize customer value and brand revenue. We’re looking for a leader who can own the Product function, team and outcome end-to-end. When it comes to Product, the buck stops with you.
What you’ll do:
As the Head of Product at HostGator, you’ll be a key member of the leadership team for one of our flagship Web Presence brands, acting as the subject matter expert and representing the voice of the customer. We are looking for someone that is not afraid to face big challenges, has an inquisitive mind, is passionate about technology, and can navigate a complex business environment.
- Lead cross functional initiatives to identify business problems and validate proposed solutions through customer and market research
- Develop product roadmap and get buy in from key stakeholders at all levels of the organization including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Operations and Executive Management
- Maintain prioritized product backlog with input from Customers, Partners, Sales and Support
- Write clear use cases/requirements that articulate desired product functionality
- Understand strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Work collaboratively with Engineering, Customer and User Experience to develop simple, intuitive and easy to use product features
- Create customer and business key performance indicators that you will use to drive priorities and communicate results
- Synthesize industry trends and innovations into product roadmap for Endurance and our customers
- Lead a team of Product Owners and transform the Product function from demand management to true product ownership
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 10 years of Product Management experience in the industry with at least 5 years in a role leading a major product line or set of products
- An ownership approach and mindset.
- Capable of balancing pragmatic execution today with scale thinking and design for the long term
- Expertise researching, defining and documenting complex business processes and requirements
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- Successful track record of collaboration with key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work at a strategic level, but also able to get into the details on requirements
- Management of products in SaaS, hosting, cloud services, or other similar subscription-based technology delivery models
- Experience working with teams using Agile processes
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!