Are you passionate about technology and staying up-to-date on industry trends? Do you consider yourself an advocate for change and eager to step outside your comfort zone? As a Software Engineer, you will be a crucial member of our agile team, working with innovative tools, processes, and people to engineer platform services that are distributed and consumed on a massive scale.
What you’ll do:
- Be a key contributor to a cross-functional, agile product delivery team
- Deliver scalable and sustainable platform services
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and other engineers on a daily basis
- Articulate engineering design strategies related to scalability, performance, security, usability and development platforms
- Mentor junior members of the team on best practices, architecture and development
- Work on the core Automation product that helps our customers with email automation & scheduling
Who you are:
- 1-2+ years developing large-scale applications on the front-end and the back-end
- Experience working with React, Backbone, Marionette, or equivalent framework
- Experience working with Java/SpringBoot based microservices
- 1-2+ years writing RESTful APIs (including authorization & authentication)
- Experience with Java 11 is a plus
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, DB2 or Oracle)
- Experience with ORM frameworks - Hibernate or similar
- Extensive experience with SQL, joins, indexes and high level understanding of indexes & database management
- Previous experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra, DynamoDB or MongoDB) is preferred
- Previous experience with AWS services like DynamoDB, Lambda Functions, Step Functions, S3, Cloudformation & API Gateway is preferred
- Experience working with Maven
- Experience working with Git in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with Jenkins, Sonar, Checkmarx or similar static code analysis tools is preferred
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!