Who We Are:
The Endurance Engineering Tools (EET) team is looking for an energetic and motivated senior engineer to drive and implement the observability strategy at Endurance. From collecting telemetry data to making system health visible, you will be a key player in helping engineers and executives use data to improve the health of our systems.
This person will assist the team in writing automation, CICD pipelines, Terraform providers, and similar tooling which will be used to improve the speed and productivity of Engineering teams with a goal towards ensuring stability and monitoring observability.
- Self Service Automation of Engineering Tools
- Training team mates and other Engineering teams on tooling such as Ansible and Terraform
- Design, implement and enhance our enterprise tooling Automation and Self Service capabilities for other teams
- Assist in standardization of Enterprise tool roll outs, primarily DataDog
- Act as consulting experts for internal teams to build out implementations of Enterprise tooling and integrations (Datadog, Artifactory)
- Create and maintain custom integrations with other enterprise tools (eg. xMatter for notifications, Jira tickets for low priority notifications)
- Standardize and offer templates to internal customers for installing and setting up datadog agents and configuration as Infrastructure as code.
- Enhance APM, RUM, SUM, metrics and logging capabilities as needed.
- Build Jenkins pipelines to automate integrations, self service PRs, etc
- Build out Terraform providers to allow automation and integration of tools
- Infrastructure as Code experience with Terraform and / or Cloudformation.
- Scripting experience with Python, Bash or similar to automate repetitive tasks
- Strong understanding of the AWS ecosystem and services specially cloudwatch.
- Strong understanding of Container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with integrating single sign on (OpenID, SAML, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD systems (Git, Jenkins, Jira)
- Working knowledge of Linux systems and subsystems.
- Exposure to agile project management framework.
- Have excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!