Endurance Group empowers the world’s business owners, content publishers, and those with ideas to control their online destiny with power and confidence. We enable everyone to be able to establish their online presence. From buying a domain and setting up a website, to growing their business and presence online, we come together to make sure small businesses have all the tools and support they need to achieve their goals. The Endurance family of brands includes: Constant Contact, Bluehost, HostGator, Domain.com and SiteBuilder.com, among others.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Principal Software Engineer to join our Customer Acquisition Platform Team. Our team creates the platform for our acquisition funnel for all our major brands. We are working on cutting edge technologies and are constantly coming up with solutions for the Enterprise. We have delivered an Enterprise platform for Static Site Generation, begun to adopt API Gateway to provide more scalable microservices, and integrated a popular CMS system into our platform to just name a few projects we have worked on this year.
Who you are:
You are an experienced senior full stack application developer with a focus on the backend. Not only will you contribute to the design and development of new and existing components, but you will also lead and take ownership of projects. Your responsibilities include:
- Apply deep technical expertise to resolve programming and design challenges.
- Lead design and architecture discussions to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software.
- Drive and participate in code and document reviews, mentoring team in best practices.
- Design, code, test, debug, and document to ensure that software meets business, quality and operational needs
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality and performance is achieved.
- Collaborate with peer organizations, support organizations on technical issues and provide guidance.
- Interpret and translate business needs to technical requirements and accurate estimates.
- Drive the technical roadmap and technical debt elimination, balancing time, resource, and quality constraints to achieve business and strategic goals and requirements.
If you like to dive in, contribute to many different things, and make a difference — we’d like to talk to you!
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing scalable software applications.
- 4+ years with cloud infrastructure solutioning utilizing AWS Services or similar cloud services.
- Experience working with Node; frontend framework experience such as React, Angular or Vue is also a plus.
- Experience with RESTful web services, and design and build tools supporting APIs like Swagger.
- Experience using Grunt, Gulp or similar build tools.
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!