Constant Contact, Inc. helps small businesses and nonprofits connect with their customers, clients, and members. Constant Contact® champions the needs of small organizations and provides an easy, affordable way to build successful, lasting customer relationships.
We’re looking to hire an AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer that will be working with the engineering team and focusing on AWS infrastructure and automation. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, S3, Athena, EMR, Glue)
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban/SAFe, etc.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience in working with CloudFormation, Terraform, Puppet, Chef or Ansible for automation and configuration.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- More than two years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins, ELK and deploying applications on AWS
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Solid team player.
Why you’ll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams. We have made the decision to stay remote until June 2021.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts.If you're passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!