HostGator believes in the power of small businesses… If you do as well, join us as Director of Software Engineering.
You’ve probably heard of HostGator, one of the leading web service platforms for small and medium businesses. With over a million customers worldwide, we’re a team of 1000 people across the globe, with a very cool alligator (Snappy) as our mascot.
What’s HostGator’s culture, you might ask? Well, as one of the largest brands under Endurance Group, we’re a powerful collective who loves a challenge but always have each other’s backs. HostGator’s engineers focus on one person when they design and enhance our software — the end customer who needs to grow their own business or side hustle. Our task is complex,competition can be intense, and the pace is pretty darn fast. But we balance that with an intense focus on family, fun and irreverence. You’ll join as a senior member of HostGator’s leadership team, working side-by-side with Marketing, Product, Finance and Customer Support, and you’ll lead a terrific group of software engineers with varied backgrounds, but with a common mission of making HostGator’s platform he best it can be for our SMB customers. Be prepared to jump right in when you join that team.
What you’ll do:
- Sit at the HostGator leadership table and drive key decisions for Product, Engineering and UX to make HostGator customer experience the best it can be.
- We celebrate the blend of bold opinions, visionary thinking, with pragmatism, wrapped in true collaboration and having your team’s back.
- Lead, lead, lead. Both your team of engineers and as part of the HostGator leadership team….Build leaders and leadership teams who are focused on continually improving the talent across all software engineers and use your strong understanding of Scrum to challenge teams to deliver high quality products at a maximum sustainable pace.
- Apply your strong technical background along with the team’s institutional knowledge to architect and design software solutions that match the HostGator vision and strategy.
- Level up the quality of software delivered through improving and implementing
- Software engineering best practices.
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to ensure timelines are met to the satisfaction of key stakeholders.
- Represent the HostGator technology stack and participate in architectural strategy discussions at an enterprise level.
- Take direct responsibility for maintaining all necessary compliance and audit standards
Who you are:
- Someone people love to work with and for.
- You've held an interesting blend of engineering/product/architecture roles over the past 10-15 years, ideally with companies who compete in similar adjacent spaces to HostGator.
- You understand we exist solely because of the HostGator customer...that’s our North Star as a development team.
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack.
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems preferred.
- Over 10 years in a development role with at least 5 years managing teams
Why you’ll love us:
- We’re mostly work from home (right now), and we also have very cool offices in Houston, Austin.
- We break for fitness. We reimburse a portion of your gym membership fee..
- Our employees enjoy a $10.50 GrubHub allowance two days each week, and with catering on two other days,
- We love to help you have fun. Our Culture Committee is dedicated to just one thing: making sure you have fun at work. Beer carts, regular offsite and in-house events, and holiday and summer parties mean no matter what the calendar says, there’s always something great in the works.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, Unlimited PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!