Are you an aspiring entrepreneur or General Manager with the expertise of a Product Marketer? Do you have a passion for deeply understanding customers and what they need, both today and tomorrow? Are you a visionary who can use customer insights, market data, and a deep understanding of industry trends to create forward-thinking product and go-to-market strategies? Are you a leader who can both influence senior leadership on big ideas and manage your team to execute, execute, execute? Are you action-oriented and wake up each day thinking about how to drive both customer success and revenue growth?
We are looking for a Senior Director, Product Marketing to lead product marketing for our Web Presence brands (e.g. Bluehost, Domain.com, HostGator). We are looking for someone who has a proven track-record of forward-thinking product vision that meets a clear market need with high likelihood of market acceptance. In this role, you will help shape our product strategy in close collaboration with Product Management leadership and define our go-to-market approaches so that we can execute on your vision. You will lead a team of product marketers to define positioning, packaging, and pricing strategies, drive sales and marketing plans, and execute cross-functionally on those plans. You will bring new offers to market, enhance existing offers, and find new ways to make our brands the cornerstone of small business success. We are looking for a leader who can drive alignment on strategy and drive business results, all while building collaborative relationships across the business.
We are open to remote candidates.
What you’ll do:
- Define data-backed product vision and positioning for Web Presence brands in close partnership with Product Management leadership and other key stakeholders
- Develop insights on customers, competitors, and market trends that allow you to take action to unlock new opportunities and hedge against business threats
- Create alignment with Web Presence leadership team on vision, develop execution strategies, and align cross-functional resources to execute on strategy
- Manage team of Web Presence product marketers to execute on your priorities
- Craft offers and positioning that cuts through the clutter of a competitive market
- Define pricing and packaging strategies
- Partner with product and service delivery teams to align roadmaps with offer needs
- Collaborate with leaders of other functions to implement comprehensive sales and marketing plans (e.g. acquisition marketing, customer marketing, sales, etc.)
- Be a driving force for both customer success and Web Presence financial goals, rigorously tracking and managing to KPI goals
- Develop the talent on your team so that they can meet their career goals and become the next generation of leaders for Web Presence and Endurance more broadly
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree/MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in software product strategy such as in Product Marketing, Product Management, Corporate Strategy, Management Consulting, or entrepreneurial roles
- 5+ years of Product Marketing experience
- 3+ years of management consulting experience at a top firm
- 3+ years of experience in hosting, websites, or ecommerce
- 3+ years of experience in software as a service (SaaS)
- 3+ years of experience in industries serving small businesses (or direct small business experience)
- Technology startup experience
- Track record of defining product vision and executing plans to win market share
- Track record of defining positioning, pricing, and packaging strategies that drive business results
- Strategic thinker and experienced operator: Proven ability to both identify opportunities in the marketplace and drive action to pursue those opportunities
- Influential leader who builds trust with peers and superiors, can effectively “sell” new ideas in the face of opposition, and develops highly collaborative relationships
- Excellent ability to create logic-driven, data-backed recommendations with an eye towards pithiness; excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced people-manager who can both drive results and develop careers
- Strong collaborator with experience leading teams of peers spanning multiple functions
- Self-starter who can operate with limited guidance but knows when to ask for help
- Positive attitude and proven team player
- Fearless to take on new responsibilities or try something new
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We celebrate one another’s differences. Although we're proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, we're working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues, and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- You’ll have opportunities to advance. We’re fans of helping our employees learn different aspects of the business, be challenged with new tasks, be mentored and grow.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to “help the little guy/gals”.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, flexible work arrangements and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!