At Endurance International Group we’re looking for a Enterprise Software Architect team member to help us with our mission of empowering the world’s business owners, content publishers, and those with ideas to control their online destiny. We want to enable everyone to be able to establish their online presence. The Architect is a technology leader looking for new frontiers, someone who explores new technologies, architect and design end-to-end web development technology solutions, They act as a visionary and help to create standards and design our teams can understand and implement. They collaborate with all aspects of the business to help drive outcomes our customers will enjoy.
The ideal candidate will be technically strong, highly productive, and enjoy collaborating. You’ve worked on services that are highly available, scalable, and redundant. You understand that simple systems are easier to operate and tackle. You value simplicity at scale. You can balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements. You’ve made life easier for other developers and have motivated team members to make both design and technology improvements with your ability to lead and provide vision. You understand operational quality and how to instill a culture of providing technical leadership with your organization in a collaborative, agile environment. You find anomalies, architectural problems, and technological infrastructure that didn’t trip any alarms and help to root cause problems before they become real problems.
Challenges for the Team
The biggest challenges currently for the team are scalability, performance and availability, breaking up a monolith to shared micro-services. The growth of the business is driving our Product Delivery Team to improve the ability of our systems to scale out and handle internet traffic patterns that are several orders of magnitude greater than what we can support today.
We understand that software is living and needs investment, and are ready to do so as a company and as a leadership team. The challenge is making the right tradeoffs, communicating those decisions optimally, and streamlined execution.
What you'll do:
- Explore new technologies, architect and design end-to-end web development technology stack, responsive web design, service-oriented architecture (SOA), Microservices, and turn concepts to products using Agile frameworks.
- Acts as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction of brand-level architectural activities to manage and simplify the Web Presence Landscape
- Supports all architectural disciplines and champions architectural initiatives; Develops standards and implementation plans for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and Web Presence strategies
- Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others; develops, motivates, and directs staff to create a team environment
- Collaborate with technology, architecture, product management and UX design teams to architect and design enterprise-class solutions, and drive outcome with focus on enriched customer experience.
- Lead technical design activities and ensure all technical hurdles are resolved to help teams deliver high quality product roadmap initiatives
- Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy through firm data
- Analyze and suggest application performance recommendations with a focus on performance and efficiency throughout
- Design in a software development environment in Python and/or Java language
- Work to support our legacy Perl development efforts, but to help to containerize in microservices for the future
- Design and Architect in web presence paradigms and environments, working with micro-services architectures, Linux containers, Kubernetes and Docker/Docker swarm.
Who you are:
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field with 15
years of relevant industry experience
- Sound knowledge of design principles, distributed architectures, data structures and algorithms
- Excellent communication written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment
- Expert software architecture, data structures/algorithm and Python and/or Java skills with emphasis on memory, runtime, quality and scalability.
- Experience with SQL relational databases and NoSQL databases
- Experience with the command line, git, and other development tools
- Experience in container orchestration in a distributed architecture, to manage multiple containers deployed across multiple host machines is preferred.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Docker, Docker swarm, Kubernetes, Redis datastore, and Performance/Scale a plus
- Hands-on past experience building and operating highly-available, high-traffic web service
- History of building continuous integration/deployment pipelines with robust testing and deployment schedules
Why you'll love us:
- In this era of COVID-19, we believe in putting our employees first and keeping them safe. We were one of the first technology companies to make significant changes to our office environments and team interactions, including mandatory working from home and safety procedures to enter our office space. We are committed to not require any face-to-face interaction for our employees until the data shows it is entirely safe for our teams.
- We relax with the best of ‘em. We play ping pong, chill with video games, reject the cube life in favor of open seating and spaces, and cultivate a relaxed office vibe that spurs creativity and innovation.
- Food is never an issue. Breakfast, lunch, and endless caffeine are covered, and on Thirsty Thursdays, enjoy adult beverages.
- We’re in the midst of it all. Downtown SLC, where we’re located, boasts fine art and history museums, a zoo, botanical gardens, and hiking and biking trails. Plus we’re only a few hours away from incredible skiing and some of the nation’s most breathtaking national parks.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about WordPress and equally passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!