Constant Contact is searching for a leader to manage its Customer Lifecycle Marketing team. We are looking for a data-driven leader who can use data and insights to identify priority segments of Constant Contact users, and devise and manage execution of cross-functional plans to move those customers through their customer journeys with Constant Contact to drive business results.
Qualified applicants must have both rich experience in drawing insights from data as well as a track record of implementing programs to effectively convert prospects, drive customer success, retain customers, foster loyalty, and increase profitability of customers such as through cross-selling. Qualified applicants must have experience devising data-driven customer lifecycle models to help us better understand different customer pools, and experience driving business results amongst customers at each stage of their journeys spanning multiple products and feature-sets.
In this role, you will manage a team of marketers to deeply understand and devise programs to drive results amongst discrete sets of customers. Additionally, you and your team will partner closely with Constant Contact’s Analytics team to deeply understand each set of customers. You will manage your team to execute cross-functional marketing programs, spanning the broader Marketing organization, Sales, Support, and Product. This high-visibility role reports to the Vice President, Constant Contact Marketing Operations who leads the broader Constant Contact Marketing team.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage data to understand the customer base and what makes our customers successful; develop marketing strategies that ensures customers are on a journey to success from onboarding to tenured state
- Partner with Analytics team to refresh customer propensity & behavioral models in order to ensure team has access to timely, relevant information to drive successful outcomes
- Maintain high-level overview of team KPIs such as customer state movement, attrition rates, ARPU and more; monitor accordingly and help team prioritize programs to drive performance
- Define and champion the objectives of the Customer Lifecycle Marketing organization; gain alignment from stakeholders to ensure KPIs and revenue goals are met
- Hold accountability for customer retention and partner closely with breadth of cross-functional leaders to improve retention
- Work with the team to develop integrated campaigns to increase product engagement, customer lifetime value, and retention
- Apply deep understanding of marketing best practices - to include personalized email marketing and in-product marketing - and help the team develop engaging and impactful campaigns
- Partner closely with cross-functional leaders to integrate programs into all customer touchpoints, including Sales, Support, and Product and devise novel approaches to move customers along their journeys using these channels
- Guide the team in planning well-structured tests, and ensures that past learning is leveraged to continuously optimize campaign performance
- Focus on helping the team achieve goals of increased retention, relevancy, learning and engagement
- Mentor a team of marketers to both further develop their careers while providing exceptional results to the business
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing or Data Science
- 12+ years of experience in Customer Lifecycle Marketing or highly-related roles
- 5+ years managing, mentoring, and growing high performing teams
- 5+ years in hands-on, highly analytical role
- Proven experience applying customer-state data models, drawing insights from data, and effectively communicating critical insights to senior leadership
- Strategic thinker and experienced operator: Proven ability to both identify opportunities and drive action to pursue those opportunities
- Track-record executing marketing campaigns that drive measurable results across a breadth of customer situations (e.g. conversion, retention, loyalty, cross-sell)
- Experience with enterprise Marketing Automation platforms, CRM, and in-product personalization tools
- Effective collaborator with track-record of implementing successful cross-functional lifecycle programs, including both frontline and product teams
- Influential leader who builds trust with peers and superiors, can effectively “sell” new ideas in the face of opposition, and develops highly collaborative relationships
- Self-starter who can operate with limited guidance but knows when to ask for help
- Positive attitude and proven team player
- Fearless to take on new responsibilities or try something new
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
- Thrives in data-driven, fast-paced organizations
- 4+ years of experience in software as a service (SaaS)
- 3+ years of experience in email marketing, online presence, digital marketing, ecommerce, or social media
- 2+ years of experience in industries serving small businesses (or direct small business experience)
Why you’ll love us:
- Love fitness? So do we! Enjoy our free fitness center, just a short stroll away, and outdoor yoga all summer long.
- We know you’re more than what you do from 9-5. Whether you can’t learn enough about Ayurveda, or prefer to spend free time walking shelter dogs at your local animal rescue, we support however you fuel your passion when you’re not fueling our brands. Our employees use our products for free (or at a deep discount!) to help them refine their passion projects.
- We keep you well fed and hydrated. Daily breakfasts, healthy snacks, flavored seltzer dispensers, and lunch every Friday. And don’t miss our bar with four rotating taps and Willy Wonka style candy counter.
- We volunteer. A lot. Through partnerships with local charities like Rosie’s place, Junior Achievement, and Lazarus House, our teams are routinely out in our community giving back and doing good.
- Plentiful parking. Park further away to get your steps, or as close as you can to the entrance - it doesn’t matter to us, because there’s plenty of free onsite parking and electric car charging stations.
- Stretch your legs. We have stand up desks, and if you’re really motivated, you can do a few miles on the treadmill desks. We have communal seating to work and chat if you need a fresh view. Go ahead, get moving!
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!