Senior DevOps Engineers looking to play a pivotal role in building, extending, and operating an evolving AWS Platform.
Do you have a passion for operating in an entirely cloud-based platform with web frameworks like Django and experience running asynchronous workloads?
Are you a self-starter who can act independently, mentor other team members, and represent operations core values across the organization?
SinglePlatform, an Endurance International Company, helps small business stand out by enhancing their online listings on top search engines, travel and review sites, online listing directories, and mobile apps used by over 200 million people to find local businesses. We’ve built the technology, partner network, and team to drive local business success.
Check us out!
What you'll do:
- Help us build our Continuous Delivery pipeline with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability
- Provide recommendations, guidance, and best practices for use of AWS and other emerging technologies
- Collaborate with members of the entire team (e.g. developers, QA, product, etc.)
- Configure, deploy, and run our SaaS platform based on Open Source Software
Who you are:
- Demonstrated leadership as a mentor or team lead
- Ability to multitask and take on new technologies
- Have a broad understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
- Experience working with configuration management and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Expertise with AWS computing and previous experience with operating services in production
- Strong technical foundation in several of the following technologies (or equivalent):
- Web frameworks: e.g. Django
- Asynchronous workloads: e.g. Celery
- Cloud Computing: AWS
- Virtualization: Vagrant, VirtualBox
- Infrastructure as Code: e.g. CloudFormation
- Configuration management: e.g. Ansible
- Build and packaging tools: Wheel, Pip, Make
- Continuous integration tools: CodeBuild, Jenkins, Travis CI
- Continuous delivery tools: e.g. CodePipeline
- SCM tools: Git
- Scripting languages: Shell, Python
- Monitoring tools: NewRelic, CloudWatch
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery
Why you'll love us:
- You can’t beat the location. Located in one of NYC’s prime neighborhoods, gaze at the magnificent Statue of Liberty from our conference rooms, then stroll across the street into gorgeous Battery Park to walk, jog or bike.
- We know how to let loose. Between our summer outings, frequent happy hours, and charity bowl-a-thons, it’s no wonder our team actually enjoys spending time together.
- It’s easy to get here. Whether you’re commuting from Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, Midtown, or Brooklym, no shortage of trains and buses head in our direction. And we offer public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- Did someone say food? Bagels, cream cheese and peanut butter, fresh fruit and produce delivered weekly...our pantry is so stocked, you’ll think you’re at your mom’s house.
- Love to travel? Our team members can avail themselves of our corporate discount rates when traveling on personal vacations. So go ahead, start planning that dream trip!
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!