Launched in 2010, SinglePlatform quickly gained momentum, named one of “America’s Most Promising Startups” by Businessweek. Acquired by Constant Contact in 2012 and now a part of Endurance International Group, SinglePlatform has maintained the atmosphere of a hard-working, fun-loving startup while embracing the structure and expertise that our parent companies have to offer. Our culture revolves around positivity and productivity. The office has a magnetic energy that makes us excited to get to the office each day and give 100%.
SinglePlatform helps small businesses stand out by enhancing their listings on top search engines, travel and review sites, online listing directories, and mobile apps used by over 200 million people to find local businesses. We empower small businesses by giving them the ability to update their information across the web through our portal, a single platform for your online presence. We’ve built the technology, partner network, and support team to drive local business success.
The DevOps Engineer is responsible for building, extending, and operating our evolving AWS platform. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can act independently. They should have experience operating one or more web frameworks such as Django or Ruby on Rails.
What you’ll do:
- Our stack is an entirely cloud-based SaaS platform, primarily built on Django / Python, using Ansible and CloudFormation.
- Help us build our Continuous Delivery pipeline with the goal of moving changes to production faster and safer, while ensuring operational best practices
- Evaluate current development and web operations procedures, recommend and implement tools and practices to increase efficiency and repeatability
- Able to collaborate with members of the entire team (e.g developers, QA, product, etc…)
- Configure, deploy, and run our SaaS platform based on Open Source Software
Who you are:
- Have an understanding of development, web operations, SDLC, etc.
- Familiarity with configuration management and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Experience in several of the following technologies (or equivalent):
- Web frameworks: e.g. Django
- Asynchronous work loads: e.g. Celery
- Cloud Computing: AWS
- Virtualization: Vagrant, VirtualBox
- Infrastructure as Code: e.g. CloudFormation
- Configuration management: e.g. Ansible
- Build and packaging tools: Wheel, Pip, Make
- Continuous integration tools: CodeBuild, Jenkins, Travis CI
- Continuous delivery tools: e.g. CodePipeline
- SCM tools: Git
- Scripting languages: Shell, Python
- Monitoring tools: NewRelic, CloudWatch
- Databases: MySQL, Postgres, BigQuery
Why you'll love us:
- You can’t beat the location. Located in one of NYC’s prime neighborhoods, gaze at the magnificent Statue of Liberty from our conference rooms, then stroll across the street into gorgeous Battery Park to walk, jog or bike.
- We know how to let loose. Between our summer outings, frequent happy hours, and charity bowl-a-thons, it’s no wonder our team actually enjoys spending time together.
- It’s easy to get here. Whether you’re commuting from Jersey, Westchester, Long Island, Midtown, or Brooklyn, no shortage of trains and buses head in our direction. And we offer public transportation benefits and pre-tax plans to help you manage your commute.
- Did someone say food? Bagels, cream cheese and peanut butter, fresh fruit and produce delivered weekly...our pantry is so stocked, you’ll think you’re at your mom’s house.
- Love to travel? Our team members can avail themselves of our corporate discount rates when traveling on personal vacations. So go ahead, start planning that dream trip!
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!