We are seeking a strong and experienced Software Engineering Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of Engineering, to lead a team of dedicated software and quality engineers. You and your team will deliver functionality that is critical to the rollout of many of Constant Contact’s biggest initiatives. You’ll work closely with your team’s Product Owner, UX Designer and Scrum Master to ensure successful planning and execution of projects.
As a Software Engineering Manager, you will develop the people on your team to help them achieve their career goals while also fostering a culture of collaboration, ownership and accountability. You will have an opportunity to join our Manager’s Guild, a community of Software Engineering Managers that contribute to organization-wide improvements. Our active Women in Tech group is another avenue to connect with others in the organization and further your professional development.
What you’ll do:
- Manage complex technical projects and teams
- Drive the Agile principles and ensure a high performing team
- Hire, mentor and grow passionate individuals who work well in strong teams
- Strong leader capable of motivating the very best software engineers, as well as gaining their respect
- Lead and motivate the very best software engineers, gaining their respect
- Rapidly earn the trust of astute teams and individuals across the company
- By applying your rare mix of intelligence, initiative, integrity, domain knowledge, verbal agility, and diplomacy
Who you are:
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record leading successful software teams
- 8+ years of industry experience with 3+ years in a managerial role
- Experience with Agile methodologies including Scrum or Kanban
- SaaS experience and a track record of design and implementation for scaling large systems
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team everyone now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!