This is an MS SQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the BI team. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
What you’ll do:
- Managing TFS groups across multiple domains
- Administer TFS in an agile environment
- Work with SysOps teams to facilitate hardware and software upgrades
- Act as liaison to both SysOps and TechOps teams.
- Manage load balancing for SSRS servers using Brocade or F5
- Managing SQL Server access across multiple domains
Who you are:
- Has 8+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments managing a virtual database infrastructure
- Strong experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2012 and 2014 )
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Strong knowledge of how indexes, index management, integrity checks, configuration, patching. How statistics work, how indexes are stored, how they can be created and managed effectively.
- Knowledge of SQL Server tools ( Profiler, DTA, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SAC, SSCM, PerfMon, DMVs, system sprocs)
- SQL Development – ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design ( stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints )
- Solid acquaintance with windows server, security delegation, SPNs, storage components.
- Documentation skills for processes and procedures ( creating KBs, runbooks, topology etc )
- SQL Database Operational support to tech users
- Knowledge of powershell scripting
- 3+ years administering a TFS environment for database source control
Why you’ll love us:
- Startup Atmosphere. With us, you get to have your cake and eat it too. Enjoy a fast-paced, casual work environment without the work/life balance issues and poor benefits that typically come with working for a startup.
- You’ll also get to put away your stuffy suit jacket and pull out your jeans and t-shirts. Being a part of the Endurance family allows us to keep the startup feel while taking advantage of the large corporation benefits.
- Cool Perks. Not only do we have the standard ping pong and pool tables, you’ll also get to join us for regular off-site and in-house events such as happy hours, escape rooms, holiday dinners, and much more.
- Awesome Benefits. Now for the important stuff. Yes, you get generous and comprehensive healthcare benefits, parental leave, virtual doctor visits, competitive pay, 401k matching, and so much more.