Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the Senior Vice President of Engineering & Product Management is a highly visible role that will drive product strategy and engineering for a key brand at Endurance - Constant Contact. As a core member of the Constant Contact Leadership Team, you’ll be responsible for creating & delivering products to Constant Contact’s customers. You’re expected to be a strategic thinker and be well versed with emerging technologies and industry trends. Utilizing a strong aptitude for energizing and leading people, you’ll have a take-charge personality and be willing to roll up his or her sleeves to get the job done.
What you’ll do:
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun, hardworking workplace environment
- Drive professional development & leadership of teams
- Help teams’ scope and create project plans around key business initiatives
- Reinforce developmental best practices for quality assurance and deployment
- Verify that systems and practices are compliant to internal and external specifications
- Jointly own the development and execution of Constant Contact’s target state architecture and team structure, working closely with the business and tech leadership
- Create, implement, and document strategic architecture vision and tactical directions for engineering teams
- Responsible for the overall Product Roadmap and Product Strategy for Constant Contact
Who you are:
- The Senior Vice President of Engineering and Product Management will be a transformational engineering leader and a product visionary, capable of leading a team of more than 200 talented employees in engineering and product management
- You’ll have demonstrated success in highly successful SaaS companies that have achieved meaningful scale
- Importantly, you’ll bring a high level of energy and intensity combined with proven business acumen, technical credibility and outstanding communication skills
- Experience leading highly scalable On Premises and Cloud based systems development
- Experience leading large Agile development teams utilizing SAFe, LeSS or similar frameworks
- Experience working with AWS Cloud Services (Including not limited to EC2, Lambda, Kinesis, Route53, Glue, Redshift)
- Knowledge of and experience leading teams working on projects utilizing NLP, image recognition, recommendation systems, advanced statistical prediction models
- Knowledge of and experience working on systems requiring controls supporting the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and PCI compliance
- Establish strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology leaders in the capacity of a trusted advisor
- Engage business and process owners and lead the collaborative planning effort to leverage emerging technologies for addressing strategic enterprise goals
- Establish data management strategies and policies in conjunction with various functional teams
- Collaborate with the divisional financial officers to monitor budget forecasting and variance and ensure overall operations and projects are on track and within budget
- You’ll manage the most Senior Leaders for Engineering & Product Management
- Oversight of the building of teams across various technology functions
- Manage the development & product management organization for global projects across various technologies
- Create and implement team's annual deliverables/objectives, performance goals, and empower them to deliver on EIG’s strategic priorities and objectives
- Promote teamwork and leadership behaviors within own group, other peer groups, and across EIG
- Conduct and lead applicable governance and project status review meetings
- Create a collaborative partnership among other leaders and portfolio stakeholders
- Proven experience in a senior leadership role managing product portfolios across multiple geographies
- An active listener with the demonstrated ability to proactively and confidently engage with global key stakeholders to gain an understanding of the business and evolving technical needs
- Develop and recommend innovative and cost-effective solutions
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional teams in a matrix organization
- Scrum and agile enthusiast along with understanding of other methodologies including Kanban
- Technically savvy and able to contribute to technical conversations, decisions, and strategies; with experience in performing technical and business tradeoffs between technologies
- Experienced in quality practices, techniques, and tools at all layers of the stack
- Experience with high availability, high-scale, performance systems
- Ability to analyze problems and resolve conflicts
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Travel upon request
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why you’ll love us:
- It’s all onsite. We have dry cleaning, a barbershop, a full-service cafeteria, and even Boston Sports Clubs (at a discounted rate for our fitness fanatics!). Get your errands done before you even hit your desk in the morning.
- Abundant fun. Golf Club, kickball and softball leagues, Mario Kart and bubble hockey tournaments, three-wheeler races, and Friday beer cart - there’s a way for everyone to let loose.
- Local pride. We’re wicked proud, which means when any of our teams - Bruins, Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, and Revolution - kick off their season, you can bet there’s going to be a party to cheer them on. Go ahead and wear your jersey to work.
- Dine al fresco. Our gorgeous patios make for rejuvenating lunch and coffee breaks.
- We have a nine-foot T Rex, but he’s friendly. On your first day, keep a lookout for our informal mascot - a giant T Rex, who roams the office, squatting with a new team every now and then.
- It’s super easy to get here. We offer a subsidized shuttle from the Alewife T stop if you prefer public transportation, and we have plenty of free onsite parking, too.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!