Implementing and managing enterprise level software, and carrier class equipment spanning multiple data centers and providing hosting services to millions of customers. An expert detective, you dive into complex escalations to solve customer and platform concerns. This will involve the management of short & long term projects under SLA and adherence to deadlines.
The Managed cPanel Hosting team is responsible for uptime & site speed SLAs for over 3 million customers and 10 million websites. The team provides backups for all customers, an active disaster recovery strategy, ongoing software upgrades, security analysis/mitigation, and all deployments on the platform (including deployments via Puppet, Ansible, & Rundeck).
What you’ll do:
- Operate Linux OS with proficiency in bash, awk, sed, and command line.
- Deploying new, maintaining, and upgrading systems at scale with minimal support.
- Using Puppet configuration management and ansible to support deployments.
- Programming and Scripting solutions (Shell Scripting, Perl and/or Python).
- Using strong technical skills in web hosting environment enabling you to understand common issues and drive solutions.
- Monitor performance through Zabbix and Grafana.
- Troubleshooting hardware problems (Servers, Consoles, Switches, Routers, etc.)
- Willing to participate in an on-call rotation with other team members.
- Communicate effectively, train peers, and interact professionally with a diverse group of internal and external clients.
Who you are:
- Enjoys thorough documentation and communication.
- Takes ownership of tasks with a strong ability to work autonomously.
- Thrives in an agile/kanban environment.
- Ability to produce quick fixes, as well as formulate long term solutions to problems.
- Experience with environments/architecture at scale (tens of thousands of systems) with emphasis on “Cattle; Not Pets” mentality.
- Focuses on scaling and high availability solutions.
- Seeks task automation wherever available.
- Collaborates across teams to drive better solutions.
Why you’ll love us:
- We break for fitness. The onsite gym makes it easy to sneak in a quick workout.
- Grab me some GrubHub. Our employees enjoy a $10.50 GrubHub allowance two days each week, and with catering on two other days, and weekly beer cart, you may find yourself needing our onsite gym!
- Gamers welcome. X-box, Playstation, and Nintendo 64 help our teams decompress, but if you’re not into video games, you can enjoy pool, air hockey, ping pong, and even good old-fashioned board games.
- We love to help you have fun. Our Culture Committee is dedicated to just one thing: making sure you have fun at work. Beer carts, regular offsite and in-house events, and holiday and summer parties mean no matter what the calendar says, there's something great in the works.
- We’ve got you covered. From 401k, generous PTO, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code and excellent medical, dental, and vision - we’re there for you!